Keeping sweat out of your eyes???

lefty

Feb 28, 2001
I need some ideas of what you guys are doing to keep sweat from running into your goggles and in the eyes. Sweatbands, doo rags, bandanas, let me know what works for you. Thanks!!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
No Sweat III's and a Coolmax head wrap. My wife keeps her things locked up so that I can't use them:think Good thing, I have trouble with heels:scream:

Aug 6, 2000
I got a feeling this thread is going to get a lot dirtier:p

I have no problem with sweat getting in my eyes, I use Scott 89 goggles and they work really well

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
Ricky Johnson used to give me his goggles after wearing them one time and they always had the top of the foam (where it sits on your forhead) a little shredded. When I asked him why, he told me he puts a panty liner on the top of the goggles. It actually works quite well. I use them in my hockey helmet and sometimes when it is hot, on my bicycle helmet. My hubby uses them, too. Rick said many of the pros, in his day, where doing it!

Brenda

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
Motochick, I can't visualize how that works. How do you "install" the liner so that you don't have a gap elsewhere in the goggles. This is a major problem for me as well since I perspire heavily. Everytime I land from a small jump, drops of sweat get on the inside of my goggles. Do you cut out a section of foam that matches the length of the liner and then fill in this gap with the liner? What?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
For those heavy days....there's Maxi's!

:eek:

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
There is no cutting or modifying involved. Stick the liner to the top part of the goggles. You can do this in front of a mirror so you get it in straight, but just put on your goggles and pull the part that touches your forhead away enough to install the liner. The sticky side will adhear to the foam that normaly would be touching your forhead. If you really sweat that bad, put one in your helmet, too. The guys I play hockey with make fun of me, but I am the only one who doesn't have sweat dripping into their eyes!

Brenda

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
He said "heavy days"...:o

Thanks motochick. I'll definitely try that. I just need to get up the nerve to go buy some.:eek:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I had to laugh at the ingenious use of feminine products as riding gear. Why? Because this winter, when it's 15 degrees outside, I'll be hitting the wife up for an old pair of her pantyhose to wear under my riding pants. Yes, a pair of hose under your pants will keep you just as warm as thermals without the restriction! I know it's not cold yet, but the panty shield tip just got me thinking about it. (Just don't crash, 'cause the guys at the ER will never believe you!)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I couldn't do it, because if anyone's going to have a wipeout and need to be scraped up off the track, it'd be me. I can see it now, the Maxipad having had slipped out of place during the wipeout--hanging out of my mouth or something :scream: , and the pants pulled down revealing full-on pantyhose. ;)

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
That would be just too funny!!! You would be hard pressed to get any help from a bunch of guys at the track wearing full on panty hose and having a tampon hanging out of your mouth!!

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
What happened to that social fad from the '90's that encouraged we guys to get in touch with our feminine side? Maybe this will make me feel pretty?¿:o

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
LOL, choking on my own spit! The visual I just got is hilarious. I can just see it-"He's out cold, and it looks like a possible knee injury. You get his helmet while I cut the pants off. AAHHH-it's RuPaul!!!!"

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by lefty
I need some ideas of what you guys are doing to keep sweat from running into your goggles and in the eyes. Sweatbands, doo rags, bandanas, let me know what works for you. Thanks!!

A headband works great for me. I have a prefab one made by White Brothers, but you can also go to your local sporting goods store and buy a tennis headband, then cut around the circumference along the seam to open the band flat then trim it so that it's ~1-1/4" to 1-1/2" wide. Doing this makes it thin enough to fit under your helmet.

Worked like a charm first time I tried it!

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
The pantyhose does work to keep you warm as long as they are made of silk. If for some reason you have a problem wearing womans panty hose, you can go to a ski shop and buy silk skins. They make tops and bottoms but are very expensive.

Brenda

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Nylon pantyhose will keep you warm also, as long as they are under something, like your riding pants. It's when they are exposed that the air will go right through them!:scream:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I also have been known ot use a "pad" as most of the fast guys down here do also. I also hear that the No Sweat goggles with a "no fog" double lens is the HOT TICKET. Dirt Rider Magazine had a thing this month made by Scott that fit over your whole head that was supposed to soak up sweat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom