Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
holeshot said:
How far would it be to the nearest Motel? (It's been a long time - I forgot).

About an hour (40 some odd miles) to Ridgecrest, plenty of hotels there

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I think Pearsonville is closer than Ridgecrest. I'll check it out -thanks. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
CRF_Tom said:
I thought I saw something on another website about hotels being in Pearsonville. Is that any closer?

Pearsonville, the hubcap capital of the world. :laugh:

Gas station and food store. Never noticed any hotels there. That's not to say there aren't any. Ridgecrest may be a better choice Holeshot.

Things are rapidly falling apart here. :( Not looking good for this year. :|

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Sorry to miss ya Chris on the needles. I'll need to experiment to find the right ones so it's too soon to say. (MeDumbJet-erAndWouldRatherRide)

Tim: we'll see ya then. Plan on a 50-miler to Monache via Little Horse, Blackrock, Granet Broder, then return the same, except bypass via Albanita if ya need to make the lookout hike w/others.

No Thumbs? :(

And now maybe no oldguy? :(( Another present stays home....

CRF_Tom: Fins up! Prolly have all our fishin' done by then but will certainly give ya the scoop.

Here's our refined plans:

Arrive at Fish Cr. ~12-1pm Fri. Select site, say hello to any arrivals, then continue on to Sherman Pass Lookout. Unload and ride Cannell Meadow Trail to dead end (for non-plated bikes) and back. fish Fish Creek then back to camp.

Sat. morn. fish Fish Creek and do Bonital Mdw loop and spur to Stony Mdw. Return to camp then caravan to north for Monach Mdw. loop. Return to camp.

Sun morn. leave early.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Placelast: We will try to link up with you at fishcreek campsite early evening, as you will probably be out on a ride when we arrive. I definately want to know the scoop on those bows and browns. CRF_Tom is going to take his motorhome now but I am not, I am going to pull the trailer with the bikes. The motorhome is a 33' Vectra brown/tan, and my white GMC Jimmy with a trailer. More than likely have to go to the overflow by the time we get there.

Ol'89er: I hope things turn around for you and you can make it.

Thumbs: Thats's too bad, next time

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
CspineRider said:
I definately want to know the scoop on those bows and browns.

Certainly, although forget the bland Bs: I'm talking goldens here. Yes, golden trout. They lose their color at the lower elevations - if one wants to call 9k' lower - but they retain some and are oh so pretty of a fish.

Where I fished a few decades ago (will save location for live, real-time discussion), and my three other ride-our-dirt-bikes-to-fish buddies caught their limit too, was near the Golden Trout Wilderness; since it was outside of the areas confines, the State game rules were different, yet this spot benefited from the man-made dam to prevent the browns (and other relatively-aggressive species) from taking over.

We went to the same spot last year but the conditions were turned upside-down by the fire of a few years ago. Sad. I hope where we plan on going that’s not the case. Being a different drainage, it may not have any goldens since it feeds the South Fork of the Kern; we‘ll see. In May of ’04 I was following 2strk4fun nearby (will ID trail in person) and when I splashed a crossing stream - just happen to look in the water - and saw the flash-departure of an under-regulation sized trout scoot between my tires! My vision is fading but I definitely knew what I saw.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Goldens! Awesome! I have never caught a wild one. They sometimes throw some make shift goldens in pay lake stockings. They are great looking.

Thanks

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Things are rapidly falling apart here. :|

Throw some duct tape on it. It'll hold. :cool:

Relax, whatever you don't take care of this weekend will still need to be done when you return. :clue:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I had to laugh last night, the two brothers and their families were suppose to head up to KM this morning. I get a call last night from the one brother that his new 2005 CRF450 that has only been ridden once fell over in the garage and the shift lever split the titanium ignition cover. Hes thinking he wont be finding a cover and that he either will have to try and get it welded or not ride. Anyways, I figure that there has to be a cover somewhere in this country and can have it overnighted if need be and proceeded to make arrangements to get the part and fix it and bring it up with me on Friday. Then, as if that wasnt bad enough, while they were loading up his truck, minus his bike, the neighbor kid, who is like an adopted family member, and was coming along, had oil all over the wheel from blown forks seals.
Needless to say while getting the cover welded, I found him a new cover and now hes working his butt off to get the forks fixed.

He told me this morning that this is a bad omen and that maybe something is trying to warn him about going. So if you see him on a new bike stay away, hes badddd luck. :laugh:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Looks like I am leaving Friday AM hopfully to arrive by 1:30 pm.

Will head home prolly on Sun eve.

Definatly in for bald mountain lookout and preceding ride.

Placelast, I may have some needles you may want to try.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Boodac, the omen can only be broken by camping with the rest of the group. :)

BTW, I like Troy CG better as well.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
2strok4fun said:
Looks like I am leaving Friday AM hopfully to arrive by 1:30 pm.

Definatly in for bald mountain lookout and preceding ride.

Placelast, I may have some needles you may want to try.

Chris: do you want us to wait for you or should we go ahead on our afternoon loop?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
John, dont wait for me, you know how plans go when the whole family is in tow........

I still need to put jets in the bike as well. Hopfully I will leave here at 8:00 or before and wont be doing more than 60 with the rig.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll just sleep in my truck. I'm heading up there now - blue dodge truck, green 125.

Top Bottom