2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Im' assumeing that there is a standing plan for July 4th weekend ride at KM, but since there hasnt been a post, I thought Id throw it up.

Apperently there is concern over when it will open or even if it will be open by early July.

I saw this on the D37 board - Kennedy Meadows -

So a close watch and contact with Cannal Meadows Ranger should be done.

At this time, who is planning on attending the best play ride of the year?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'm going. I'm hopeing ot have the YZ up and running again by then, but if not I'll just take the mini. I'll try to make it up there this week and get an update on KM

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well, I don't know, I thought I would go but Eddie informed me that if I don't have a bike I can't go on ride trips anymore........... :fft:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Count me in!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I still dont know if my family unit is in for this.

Scar, how bout you and the little scars?

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
last info i got was that trails were to open 2week in june and that troy and fish creek were open for camping memoral weekend.troy has a camp host in place to make sure you pay etc.etc,etc. not sure if they he checks on fish creek or not. should be a great year.i just hope they got thier trail maintance money this year as it was taken away last year and the trails went to **** one more year like that and they will be forced to close them.i will check on that when i get up thier.was going to make a big stink over it last year but took a bad fall and was in lots of pain and was immobile for the rest of the year.trying still to get back in shape.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
I still dont know if my family unit is in for this.

Scar, how bout you and the little scars?

I don't know yet. Honestly, I don't think Lori is up for it. It looks like if I go, I'll either be by myself and ride or bring the kids and just camp, since I can't leave them in camp alone and I don't want to impose on anyone to kid watch for 1/2 day during their vacation. Either way I'll probrably only be there for 2 days.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
It looks like for now, my family will be going, I was offered in trade a toy box for the sea-doo, use for use, so the wife will go.

Tim, be sure to bring a ride regardless, I am sure my wife could be bribed/bartered to watch kids for a few. E-mail me with Pismo plans, Kim is thinking she'd like to do that.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm pretty much gonna formulate my plans around you guys ... specifically, what days? I'm pretty sure Rhona wants to go. We'd almost certainly be able to find some good swimming this year, which would be fun. We were thinking two overnights.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Well I'm going for sure, but the YZ will not be making it. but I'll have the Mini. The nice thing about it is that I can just carry it across deep water crossings. :laugh: Also if you all need supplys let me know, most things are cheaper if I snag them from the base. Gas is cheaper there also.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Kav said:
Also if you all need supplys let me know, most things are cheaper if I snag them from the base. Gas is cheaper there also.

Cool get me some VP-C12 and U2. :) If only.

Not sure on exact plans, but will prolly do Sat and Sun night, maybe Friday.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I have 10 gals of C-12 in unopened cans just sitting around. I can bring it,but that's going to be spendy. (you never know what I have jsut sitting around at my place)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I think I have been paying $35 per 5gal on C12. Do you have a source to get VP?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
RMC in town sells it I think, I'm not too sure about the other bike shop in town. I'll check into it. I got mine at KTM of Mojive. but it was a bit more thne $35 for 5 gals

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
OK folks ... change in plans - I'll be at Kennedy solo so it will be an overnighter with two days dedicated solely to epic trailriding. Alright.

Top Bottom