scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
The 4th is sneaking up on us fast. Hows everyone looking for this years trip?

I am , as usual, a solid maybe as we'll need to see where All Stars takes us.

cyanprinter

Oct 22, 2008
I'm definitely in! Can't wait to ride. Bike's pretty much set, just need to fix up some wiring and get the thing running...dozens of kickstarts have yielded no start at sea level, bike's jetted for 8k ft. I'll try putting in some fresh fuel and and see what happens.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I am out for this year on the 4th, friends wedding. Not sure, dont have for sure plans for later this summer tho.

cyanprinter

Oct 22, 2008
Got the bike running well. I'm going for sure. I have work Saturday night through Sunday morning (2am) in San Luis Obispo, but I'll be already loaded up and ready to head over to KM after work. Not sure if I'm going up Sherman Pass Rd out of Lake Isabella, or coming up from RC.

I've got Sunday and Monday off, and my "weekend" is in the middle of the week, so I may stay through Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm hoping for a couple of thundershowers like I've experienced in times past, helps keep the dust down.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
I will not be at K.M. this year for the 4th. My boys & I will be at Laguna Beach for a couple of days on that week end, taking It easy. I'm getting a hernia fixed on the 8th, so it will be about 2-3 months till I can ride again. Everyone have a good 4th.
Best Regards, P.C. :cool:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'm in for Monday the 5th only; going to stay in Ridgecrest with the Mrs. and meet cyanprinter for two loops; on to the north and the other to the south west.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I feel better now, PL and cyanprinter representing DRN at Kennedy for the 4th.

If I dont give the bike some love soon, she is going to leave me.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Jake's team is rocking in the All Star tourney and is currently undefeated. They'll be having practice over the weekend and Semi finals are Tuesday.
So I won't be making it this year. Have fun guys.
I wouldn't mind doing a Miller Canyon or track run on Sunday if anyone is interested.

cyanprinter

Oct 22, 2008
Had a great time riding with PL, pictures will be put up tomorrow or so. Was a little dusty, could have used some rain, but overall, the riding was great. We did a loop in the north, heading to the south fork of Kern River, as well as a Bonita Meadows loop in the south. Temperature was on the cool side, all in all a great day.

PL will post the album link, since I don't have enough posts. Guest access P/W is tester

Last edited:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Pix can be found at

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/David84Gill/Kennedy Meadows 7 4 2010/

Oh, say: I am unable to post as a link, so cut and paste the data above in your browser, then use "tester" as the password to access the folder.

My wife and I drove from NM via Tucson, Phoenix, Prescott, Sedona, then Flagstaff. While in the latter we went to see the Grand Canyon, adobies, and Sunset Crater. Next day we drove to Ridgecrest and spent two nights there, then drove back to NM yesterday. Quite a trip but worth the things we saw and the ride in KM/Kern Plateau with my son.

Whilst on the trails good trail times came to mind with Eric, Chris, Tim and other DRNers.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it. We're still rolling along in All Stars. Win tonight and were in the District Championship Game. :cool:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... I wish I had been there! Thank for the pics. You guys are keeping the torch lit.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
So i caved in & went up to troy meadows on the 10th, 11, & 12th. Do to my health problems I didn't even take my ride with me, but I did take my boys! we had a great time, & my 9 year old Gavin rode the Monache jeep road on the 110 kawi whilst my 6year old Parker rode in the truck with me shooting video of a moderate deluge/ thunder storm in route to monache meadow, at the south fork kern river. we wound up near Olancha peak, then it hailed for a while. we found some shelter & had some snacks I had a cold one. Gavin rode about 1/2 way back to the staging area, till the rain got rather heavy, with more lightning than i was comfortable having him out in, so we loaded his bike on the truck & 4 wheeled on back to camp to get a nice fire going & all of us warmed up. At that point we knocked out a great chicken dinner with steamed veggies & some singed marshmellows for dessert. We then hooked up with kiwibird, mouthie & family, german & several other pals at their campfire for a short visit, then retired for an early evening on sunday night. Monday was a real nice drive home, west to the north fork kern river via sherman pass rd. with beautifull weather& more thunder heads that chased us towards kernville but remained above the kern platue.
The time spent with my sons & the video we shot whilst listening to the sound track from "The polar express"& "Cars".........PRICELESS!
Also that big fat Malcolm style ear to ear grin on Gavins face, while he got to derby around in some wet decompossed granite of the south Sierras, you had to be there....
( his middle name is Malcolm....) Best Regards from a proud Porkchop....... ;)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Good stuff guys! Ill be heading up later this summer, Ill post more later.

Placelast, next time you travel west, let me know if you need a spot to crash in Havasu.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Porkchop, would have love to have seen Gavin rippin it up, last I saw him he was flyin down the hill at Fish creek CG on the custom trike...

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
2strok4fun said:
Porkchop, would have love to have seen Gavin rippin it up, last I saw him he was flyin down the hill at Fish creek CG on the custom trike...

Hi 2stro4fun good to here from ya! Gavins doing great. 105 lbs, @ 5ft already& riding well, little bro, Parker is hot on his tail. Ah, the days of the little chopper, little bro & 3 other kids have had a chance too derby around on it since!
Best regards, P.C. :cool:

Top Bottom