Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I’m curious as to how many folks would be interested in having a Kentuckiana chapter of DRN. The Kentucky-Indiana area has multiple mx tracks and trail areas and I feel it would be a great addition to the recent chapter roster.
It seems the ground floor of the chapter thing is growing fast and if we riders in the Ohio river valley want in on it, we better do it now.
There is a lot going on behind the scenes here at DRN, and things are really looking great, so let's get on board and make DRN proud!
I think first order of business would be a name.
Anyone interested post here and drop me an e-mail.

Jaybird
:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry this thread got moved Jaybird. Not sure on the timing for the Local Chapters hitting the world wide membership. Looks like you will fall into the Eastern Region. Glad your showing interest. This will be fun.:)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Eastern region? :think
ok.... I don't know how many folks from 'round here feel "easterny"...but ok.
:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
I feel more like a midwesterner:D
It is negotiable.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I didn't do it. Honest. Which ocean is Kentucky by anyway?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
See your totally off. It's not by an ocean it's by the great lakes....:think :silly:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hmmm....Kentuckiana is usually reffering to the Southern half of Indiana and the Northern part of Kentucky. The siginificant body of water is the Mighty Ohio River! Although Indiana does touch a great lake, that area is condsidered more "Chicagoland" than anything I think.
Hoosiers usaually think think themselves as "Midwesterners" as Sr. said, but Louisville (smak dab middle of Kyana) considers itself "Gateway to the South".

Indy to E-town....Cinci to Paducha = Kyana :) but...I hate bounderies.

BTW....Population wise, Louisville, Ky is in the absolute middle of the country.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
what about ILL, you guys are making me mad!:think you're bracketing the day-lights out'a me with the darn heartland to my west and you hoosiers joining up with the bluegrass boys. ok that's it! i am president of the great richard grossnickle(yeh,the name's real) chapter of drn, i'm the 2001#1 rider,winningest overall lifetime and top ranked rider for '02 outa the whole club.:uh: there!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by sfc crash
what about ILL, you guys are making me mad!:think you're bracketing the day-lights out'a me with the darn heartland to my west and you hoosiers joining up with the bluegrass boys. ok that's it! i am president of the great richard grossnickle(yeh,the name's real) chapter of drn, i'm the 2001#1 rider,winningest overall lifetime and top ranked rider for '02 outa the whole club.:uh: there!
Seems to me, TeamDRN IS in Ill. Let's see, TeamDRN GRG Chapter? Has a funny ring to it.:p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sarge,
You can ride with us hoosier daddys anytime you want to, but I gotta warn ya....with the Ky boys around it gets interesting. Lets just say that to them, flatulence is a term of endearment. :eek:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
yeh, iknow i can ride with ya', but see, i've got alterior motives. i need locals cause i want to build a track. i've got a week off late in march and that's building time....but if i get some local drn'ers, we can make a local chapter and have a mx track to ride. it's kinda like the lil' red hen and making bread.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
it's kinda like the lil' red hen and making bread.
I can't get my hen to bake nuthin! :(

w4sb, lol...I dunno about a name, heck we hoosiers can't even figure out what hoosier means. Give it a whirl...I'm certain you can do better than me.:)
If any of the Ky folks want to try, just sound it out for us and we will try to decifer it and get it spelt corektly. :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jaybird

If any of the K Y Folks want to try, just sound it out for us :confused:
I thought that sounded pretty funny myself but the implications.....

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey Jaybird,

I'm in! I'm not too creative though. Can't think of any names yet. That part about the flatulence...you're really from KY aren't you? Must be somethin in the air down here.;)

I was going to try and get something started for our area, but with work, school, and church I don't have time to head anything. Let's RIDE!

Oct 10, 2000
Okay CAL, who are you??? If we are gonna be in the same Kentuckiana DRN club we should get to know one another better..:eek:

So spill your beans, Who is CAL???????

Well I'll throw out some possible names (cause you guys arn't helpin)

1. Kentuckiana dirt riders
2. Kentuckiana tread heads
3. Mud slinging trash talking wheel spining spodes? (to long huh)

:confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Glad to see you weigh in, Cal. I bet you and wheelie4strokeB prolly saw one another at DirtWeek.
One good thing about these chapter organizations, it will really help us to get riding groups built up. And that should only enhance the size and joy of the yearly Spodefest.

If we get enough interested in the area, we could have some great rides this year. May be a good chance to do some kind of charity thing at some of our local HS's and MX's.

One thing I've been thinking about heavily....everyone knows that all Kentuckians and Hoosiers love to eat great food, I think that if we ever do orginize that we vote to have a motto like: "When we meet, we eat!"
Dirt, 2-smoke fumes, and BBQ Ribs! Mmmmmm....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999

Now your talkin'. The Heartland Spodes have adopted the same proceedures.:p

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Glad to see you weigh in, Cal. I bet you and wheelie4strokeB prolly saw one another at DirtWeek.
One good thing about these chapter organizations, it will really help us to get riding groups built up. And that should only enhance the size and joy of the yearly Spodefest.

If we get enough interested in the area, we could have some great rides this year. May be a good chance to do some kind of charity thing at some of our local HS's and MX's.

One thing I've been thinking about heavily....everyone knows that all Kentuckians and Hoosiers love to eat great food, I think that if we ever do orginize that we vote to have a motto like: "When we meet, we eat!"

Yeah, Wheelie, we met at a rider's meeting at DW '01.

Do I smell some ribs cookin'? I'm there!

I'm really looking forward to this.:)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
So what's the latest on the Kentuckiana Dirt Riders...or whatever we're gonna call ourselves? Who wants to be the moderator/president? I can't. On top of everything else I have going on, I'm in the process of starting my own business, so my time is EXTREMELY limited.

Let's hear from everybody.:)

Top Bottom