sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
Can you apply a keyed switch to a cdi ignition? the switch im looking at has two conections as my kill switch does so would i be able to apply one wire from the keyed switch to the positive then ground the other wire just as my kill switch does? From the motor comes the positive wire with a double connect one wire to kill switch, other to coil. on kill switch are two wires one grounds itself. i could wire a key switch the same right. ill have a pick in a moment, camara died :think:

May 1, 2007
IndyMX said:
What's the reason for the key switch? Don't want someone to be able to kill your bike without your knowledge?
Just guessing he would have it setup so that the killswitch was engaged without the key turned. That was pretty funny though. :nener:

As far as the question goes, I have no idea. I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work with the right switch though. It could also still be stolen by a toddler with a pair of pliars (and a box to kick it from) so I really see no point.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
Yes you can. on a 2 wire kill switch have your key switch short the 2 kill wires, on a 1 wire kill switch, key switch will short kill wire to chassis ground. Like robbie said though, any idiot can figure it out all you got to do is yank the kill wire.

Top Bottom