kkw_archer

Jan 17, 2005
I am wondering about Kiamichi, can anyone tell me a little about this place? Is it trail riding, private road riding, or possibly a little track thrown in for good measure, also where in OK is it located? I am still pretty new at this even though we (my wife and I) have owned our bikes for over a year now. We recently went to Bois d' Arc trails in Fannin county and had a blast. We have also been to Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas, which was kind of neat but there sure were a lot of 4-wheelers on the trails. Anyhow, enough babbeling, I would appreciate it if somebody could give me a little info about Kaimichi.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
you need to look up ghostrider32. he posts in this forum and lives in paris too. if you are looking at rocky,challenging single track, then kiamichi is for you. the main attraction is the indian nations trail which is 27miles one way. there are some great beginner looking trails but they are actually horse trails and you are not supposed to be on them. no track stuff either. there are some roads across the highway from the state park that are easier. when i say roads, im mean 4x4 stuff.

for easier stuff, ive heard good things about honobia which is a bit to the south. it requires an annual 25 dollar permit, but there are miles and miles of logging roads.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Kiamanchi and Talimena are actually 2 different areas. Tailmena is a nice camp ground where most of us ride. It is slightly north of the town Talimena. Talimena is very rocky and challenging with lots of elevation change but there are areas where the less experienced rider can have fun too. It is a much prettier area. I have also been to Mena and it is similiar with more single track than ATV wide trails. One side of Talimina (the road to the park) is mostly all ATV/jeep wide trails. The other side of the road (same side as the camp grround) is a mix . Here is a link http://www.shopoklahoma.com/talimena.htm.

Kiamanchi is actually a mountain running east and west further south of Talimena. There is no camp groung there but plenty of places to camp (roughing it more). Across the top of the mountain is a jeep trail than runs for miles and miles with trails of various skill levels. It is much easier to ride.

Also check out Hobina (Spelling close) or the Boken Bow Lake area. All are good riding area but a little internet research is needed to find the areas.

Somewhere in this foum history is some very good directions from Dallas to Stringtown to Talimena. In gereral, take I75 north to Stringtown and go east but there are some (left then right) turns off after Stringtown around the dam you cross.

Last edited:
Top Bottom