kick start help please.answer soon please??

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
my kick start on my cr85r exp..is easy to push down i can do it with my hand.is an 85 supposed to be able to do that answer soon please :) and if it isnt what am i supposed to do??

96speed

Dec 10, 2006
My YZ125 felt the same when the top end went out. Does your bike start/run?

The motor isn't building compression, assuming the kickstart gear is engaging the clutch basket gear.

Ryan

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
um yeah it runs.its been running different though??and when i go to take off sometimes it sounds like im going to stall out even when its hot?so i end up having to pretty much dump my clutch.any suggestions?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If you are worried about your top end then do a compression test and compare the results with the manual.

When was the last time you did the top end? If it has been awhile it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and put new piston and rings in.

Also, check your reeds for cracks and obvious signs of wear. Replacing them wouldn't be a bad idea if that has never been done.

Then again... it could just be jetting changes that are necessary with the colder weather.

Ivan

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
lol.thanks.just to let you guys all know im not very good a mecanics im trying to learn but still not good yet dont no how to check for stuff like that and stuff.can you easily tell me?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
First thing is to read through your manual. When I got my first bike when I was 12 my mom wouldn't let me ride it until I had read the manual and could answer 5 questions she thought were important (tire pressure, changing oil, stuff like that).

A compression tester will cost $40 - $100+ depending on what you get. If you have someone who is really mechanical (not just says they are) they can help you. You will know if they are really mechanical b/c they will take the time to show you and EXPLAIN what they are doing each step of the way in simple terms.

Ivan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom