Kickstands

Anyone know if a 95 kdx 200 kickstand would fit on an 85 kdx 200? Or could someone measure the bolt spacing on the mounting bracket for a 95. THanks

JCW

Subscriber
On my 03 KDX (which might be the same as a 95??), the bolts are parallel to the swing arm and they are 1 1/4" from center to center.

Hope that helps-
JCW

Originally posted by David Trustrum
The sidestand mounting on the swingarm is a miserable idea. It bounces around & gets caught up.

Try this link:

Click here
Never had a problem with any of the OEM kick stands even during MX. On my CR, I had the MSR unit, no issues their either.

As long as you have a tight spring, you are good. If it is loose, then I could see some major issues.

They always get loose as they are unsprung weight with considerable leverage. Even worse they stick out waiting to get caught in a rut.

I took mine off my 2001 kdx-200 because the vibration or whatever the hell it was always made the bolts come loose, and I almost lost my stand a couple of times...So I took it off, and a friend gave me a triangle stand...Works way better.

Yeah, pain in the R’s out on the trail to have to drop the bike on the ground or find a tree to lean it against every time you want to open a gate or go for a pee.

Ok...Anyways, Who here actually keeps that damn kickstand on?
I mean, Come on man! seriously, That Stand fell off my bike like the first time I took it out on its first big Desert ride...

Im in a welding class in my high school called AG. Mechanics, and my teacher is going to help me make a Lift stand, A box stand, and another Triangle stand...Isnt that badass?

The lift stand on the Justkdx site works well (assume you have seen it). The picture in the link in my first post shows my slightly ugly but effective copy. I lengthened the lever 10” (with a bit of angle) to ease lifting the thing

Aww ya painted it! Looks like you’ve bought it -rather than fashioned it with your bare hands!

[poorly hidden jealousy]