MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Anyone know if a 95 kdx 200 kickstand would fit on an 85 kdx 200? Or could someone measure the bolt spacing on the mounting bracket for a 95. THanks

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
On my 03 KDX (which might be the same as a 95??), the bolts are parallel to the swing arm and they are 1 1/4" from center to center.

Hope that helps-
JCW

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Originally posted by David Trustrum
The sidestand mounting on the swingarm is a miserable idea. It bounces around & gets caught up.

Try this link:

Click here

Never had a problem with any of the OEM kick stands even during MX. On my CR, I had the MSR unit, no issues their either.

As long as you have a tight spring, you are good. If it is loose, then I could see some major issues.

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
I took mine off my 2001 kdx-200 because the vibration or whatever the hell it was always made the bolts come loose, and I almost lost my stand a couple of times...So I took it off, and a friend gave me a triangle stand...Works way better.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yeah, pain in the R’s out on the trail to have to drop the bike on the ground or find a tree to lean it against every time you want to open a gate or go for a pee.

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
Ok...Anyways, Who here actually keeps that damn kickstand on?
I mean, Come on man! seriously, That Stand fell off my bike like the first time I took it out on its first big Desert ride...

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
Im in a welding class in my high school called AG. Mechanics, and my teacher is going to help me make a Lift stand, A box stand, and another Triangle stand...Isnt that badass?

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
The lift stand on the Justkdx site works well (assume you have seen it). The picture in the link in my first post shows my slightly ugly but effective copy. I lengthened the lever 10” (with a bit of angle) to ease lifting the thing

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I put Kawasaki thread lock on mine and it has never had any problem. Take the bolts off and put that red stuff on the threads and it will stay tight and out of the way. That is if you want a kickstand. DeSeRt_KaW if you want to sell your KDX kickstand, I'll buy it as a spare.
Thanks,
JCW

kristyh9

Jan 26, 2003
This is what ive done and it works unreal.
Drillout both stand and mounting point.soas there holes are both the same size, then replace the original bolt with a high tensile bolt and nylock nut.
Then cut old piece of tube about an inch wide so as it makes a big rubber band.Then when you lift the stand you lift the band so as it goes round the pillion passenger footpeg and the stand it self
Cheers Paul

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
I've found that it's a trade-off. The stock kickstand is great for washing your bike, leaving it in tech, waiting for your buddies (riding mx conversions) to catch their breath, stopping outside of a local convinience store, or (the most common) parking your bike so that you can pull your friends out of mudholes, lift them over trees, or help them change plugs. But it absolutely sucks for racing HS or GNCC, when you are forced to dive into deep muddy ruts, or get clipped on the left by local pros (sucks more so for them). I used to remove mine for races, then put it back for training/ trail riding (super glue worked great as a thread locking agent). However, it screwed me often enough while turning around on failed rutted hilclimbs, snagging tight roots, rocks and trees; and while pedaling backward in loose brush/debris; that i eventualy removed it for good. I now carry a stand in the truck (for the pits) and I simply keep a strap in the toolbag for the trail (hook one end on the handguard, and tie or hook the other on a tree, another bike, a rock, whatever, then lean the bike so it is held by the strap's tension). I do miss it at times, but it is much better this way. It never came down on me after hard landings or any of the other stories that you hear, but it will screw you eventualy if you do any technical off road riding. I'd love to get a stand similar to what's on the KTM exc's or like the aftermarket one's I've seen for the YZ/YZFs (the ones that are mounted at the front of the swingarm and fold up parallel to the tubing of the lower subframe). Oh well, maybee it will be on the new model KDX along with the 48mm inverted KYB fork and hydrolic clutch.

-Nick

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
All this hoo-rah about the poor kdx kickstand?

1. Mine has never come loose with the proper locking agent applied.

2. If you think the kickstand is a mortal threat, how on earth do you ever deal with the 4" underhang of the stinky oem fork setup?

Now there's something worth fussing about.

Top Bottom