WILLETTS

Jul 28, 2002
Somehow the nut that holds the kickstarter on came off. Anyone know if this is a reverse thread nut ? I know it's a 12mm but it must be fine thread. I bought one at local Lowes but the threads did not match.Help

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Part # 315G1200??? last four digits on Buykawasaki part numbers for nuts and bolts usually indicate diameter then length. Most are standard thread, but this part description says "fine". Hope this helps those who go to the hardware stores for convenience and savings. EX: screws that hold the governor cover to the cylinder---part description says---Bolt-Flanged???. The part number tells you it's 5x25mm(last four digits)---130G0525. Good luck!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Loctite it.

THEN use a punch on the threads to add a bit of insurance.

BTW..use threadlocking compound sparingly. Get it on the splines and you might have a bit of a problem getting the knuckle off when it comes time to.

......not that I'd know anything about that!

I sure have seen kicker knuckles in lots of itsy bitsy pieces......;)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
92015-1958 NUT,12MM

It’s not left handed. The OEM nut differs from what you can buy at Sears in that it’s thinner, but you can use a regular 12mm metric nut. You’ll have to figure out the thread pitch (I don’t remember), but that’s not hard since generally there’s standard pitch and fine pitch. Just buy one of each at the hardware store. Oh yeah, this is one of those nuts that you’ll regret it if you don’t use loc-tite (but you’ve already learned that the hard way ;) )

WILLETTS

Jul 28, 2002
Thanks for the info, the one that came off was the stock piece, was riding mx and looked down and it was gone.
Any way it must be a fine thread, I bought the 12mm-1.75 and it would not fit, will go to Sears tommorow to see if they carry it.Lowes and Home depot do not. OH yeah Loc-tit also

alleycat

Sep 25, 2002
Looking in my catalog you have three different 12 mm fine thread nuts 1.5 1.25 1.00. The nut on the bike looks to be a jam nut. If you try your local mom and pop hardware store they should be able to order it for you.

Top Bottom