kickstarter poked though boot!

Discussion in 'General Moto & Off-Topic Discussions' started by Airlooped, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Airlooped

Airlooped Member

I was kickstarting my KX250 today and my foot slipped and the end of the kickstart lever poked right through the side of my new Sidi boot. The boots are not leather on the inside near ankle and the arch of your foot. I now have a big hole in my boot and a bruise on my foot . I guess I will look for more leather coverage on my next pair of boots...... :ugg: Are there any ALL-leather boots?

- PRODUCT DEALS -

2. rm_racer

rm_racer Pro Champ

Man, thats cheap. Thats seems kinda soft for a motocross boot. Could have been worse, could have been a pointy stick while you were riding. I would be mad. :bang:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MONKEYMOUSE

MONKEYMOUSE Subscriber

Hah, just friday my friend put a hole though the bottem of his tech 4's trying to start our friends yzf.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oldguy

oldguy Always Broken

Spider punched a hole in his Tech 8s last year the same way. Ended up with a good bruise where it went thru

5. NWKX250

NWKX250 Member

I just checked my cheap ass O'neal elements, nice hole there as well. There getting replaced Wednesday with a better pair.

6. rickyd

rickyd Hot Sauce

Try contacting SIDI, they may help you out..

7. Okiewan

Okiewan DRN is my fault.
    Staff Member

I too punched a hole thru Tech 8's the same way... unless there's a steel boot out there, it can happen.

8. Jeff Gilbert

Jeff Gilbert Lifetime Sponsor
    N. Texas SP

The problem I always seem to have is catching the side of my boot on the foot peg when kicking it over. I've torn the inside of 2 pair of Alpinestars that way.

9. Airlooped

Airlooped Member

I emailed SIDI about the boot damage and they promptly responded with an offer to refund all of my money! That's a quality company. I am impressed.

10. BradFrost

BradFrost Pro Class

That's good to hear Air.
    Afraid there's no real fix for the ever looming hole in da boot. Tech 10's are worth a look if the piggyb is full. :cool: