Kid just wanting to not hurt himself

DirTasteGood

May 18, 2009
I am 14 years old. I ride a ktm 125. Recently, i have built a 50 foot double. I go higher than i do far. I have ridden and jumped alot, but i was just woundering something,

How come sometimes when you jump, you basically start to go into an endo position. Your back tire comes up and your front tire comes down. I always hit the jump at a constant speed on the powerband, yet sometimes My bike still does than. How am i to controll that?

russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
pull up on your handlebars as you leave the top of the jump or try moving back on your seat a bit i recently bailed because of the same problem and f'd myself up pretty good.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Usually it's because you let off to early. If you stay on the throttle all the way off the lip and into the air and it still kicks the rear end up your rebound on the shock may be set too fast. You can use the shock settings to help compensate for your riding style if you habitually let up too soon. I've seen way more people go over the bars than flip over backwards. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Video tape it? When you land on the downside of the table, you will need to be front end down. Landing on top of the table is not considered jumping a table, its only half way. And a lot harder on you and your bike! Over jumping them is not a lot of fun either, same answer, but a lot worse on the landing. Most all jumps, you have to have a good drive going up the face. Whether you realize it or not, you can be chopping or backing off the throttle just a bit. Some even call it common sense or fear. Pffft, what do they know?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Your nose is going to drop for one of a few reasons. The main one is chopping the throttle on the jump face. Other likely causes could be a kicker developing in the face of the jump or poor body positioning.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If all of the above doesn't help try to slow down (soften) the rebound on the shock so it doesn't extend out as fast as you leave the face of the jump. If the rebound is the problem it will manifest itself on other places on the track with the back end kicking up or swapping sideways over whoops or large braking bumps.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
you say you built the jump yourself and you go higher than farther? could be the way you built the face. It may have nothing to do with your riding style or technique. I suggest doing a search on how to properly build a jump and make sure your dimensions are correct.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Also if you find your front pointing down give it some gas it will raise the front while in the air if your front is pionting at the sun then you can tap the rear brakes.

I learned this while racing rc cars...the same applies here...if you have a nitro rc car try it out ..if not be carfull while appling this technic

Top Bottom