CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
salgeek said:
Anyone know how a typical day runs?

We have a new format this year, so we may be changing the way a typical day is as we go along. As it is planned... After breakfast you and your Kid can leave together up to a certain point of the day. We will have workshops set up along the trail, all the workshops will cover the same subject so if one has a large group of people at it, you can move on to the next one. These workshops will cover different things like Whoops, Deep Sand, Clutch and Throttle Control and so on. Lunch will be on the trail, when we get back that evening we will have a workshop that will reinforce what was taught that day.

The first night of camp we will most likely have a meet and greet, explain what is going on and what is going to happen. Then I will be teaching first-aid to all the kids in the first workshop.

Kids Kamp is very worth the time, we have turned out some darn good riders after Kamp was over.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Thanks for the reply,

That sure does sound like one excellent event.

Do you happen to know if it is run over the same trail each day?
How many miles each day?
Do the workshop subjects change day by day?
Do the kids get opportunity in the workshop; to listen, watch the teacher do it, and then try it themselves with the coach then offering pointers? Kinda the hear it, watch it, do it approach?

CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
salgeek said:
Do you happen to know if it is run over the same trail each day?
We are planning on a different trail each day

How many miles each day?
This depends on how much work we can get done, in the pasts it has been at least 40-50 miles daily.

Do the workshop subjects change day by day?
That is the plan, what workshop offered what day is not known yet and probably won't be known until the Kids skills can be evaluated by the Coaches. As I said before the first group workshop will be First-Aid and map and compass reading. with more than likely some Tread Lightly information in there as well.

Do the kids get opportunity in the workshop; to listen, watch the teacher do it, and then try it themselves with the coach then offering pointers? Kinda the hear it, watch it, do it approach?
Again that is the plan, also by having more than one workshop on the trail the Kids will be able to practice that skill they just learned. Then if they are still having trouble with the skill they can stop at the next workshop for reinforcment. All the workshops will be operated by experianced Safety Coaches and riders with a vast amount of riding experiances.

Like a said before, we changed the format this year in hopes of being able to sign up as many Kids as possible. In the past we were limited to 35 Kids max. We are hoping with this format to not have to place a limit. Also attendance for the whole 4 days is not required.

Call Lewis at 517-781-4805 for options and details or write to him at ccced@cycleconservationclub.org

CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
By the way, any of our past Kampers who are now "A" Enduro and GNCC riders are welcome to come back and make a guest appearance. We might even let you ride with the Kids.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the info RJ...

I didn't even know the format before signing up... 4 days of riding in Wolverine with the kid was enough for me.

BTW.... I'm assuming we can ride right out from camp, correct?

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
I was hoping to be riding without the anklebiter that weekend. I might have to change my plans, this sounds like fun! :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom