happykelly

Oct 27, 2003
Any DRN'ers bringing their kids, wives that are just play riders? This year I would like to bring my son (10) girlfriend and daughter(10). But I would like to know if their are any kids, less experienced loops planned.

AMA District 36 Cross-Country #68
Thanks to my sponsors Motorex, Sidi Boots, Braking, 661, Motion Pro, Scott Goggles

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'd be more than happy to leading a kids/less experienced/beginners/I'm injured/I'm old/I'm scared or I'm just plain slow ride.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Every year there are kids and BEGINNER women. Even a couple beginner men. I have taken groups in the past on a very friendly loop. I am more than willing to keep up my tradition. I just wish I could clone myself.

EVERYONE is welcome, regardless, of age, gender, persuasion (?), color, race or creed. AND everyone will have someone to ride with, even if that means ME.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Brain, does this mean you are in for sure?

I'm up for any beginner rides especially since I only rode 2 or 3 times last year. :(

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If it's not a motocross track - I'm a complete spode. My 1/2 of loop at DW felt like a 100 mile woods race to me. I was lucky I got to follow Steve Beckwith and his son for most of it. (Yes, I think his son was on a 50).

So count me in for a beginner ride.

And if anyone wants to show Red and I where the MX-like tracks are along the way, that would be great too! :thumb:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Nikki, I will take you two to every track out there, then you can pick your poison from there.

These are not man made tracks. Natural terrain MX, but s couple are pretty good, so I am told.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Nikki, those "natural tracks" are very near to the Moonrocks Pits area if I recall. Like a mile or so. Then Phirechick showed bratt where the practice jumps were and she thought were pretty cool. Could not talk me into trying them, however, I was content to watch :) They looked "kicky" and "scarey" :scream:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Brain, does this mean you are in for sure?

Not sure yet - still unemployed but got a couple of solid prospects. I'll do my best to get there for at least 1 day.

Brian

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Strick - awesome thanks for the offer to show us the MX-like areas!!

Natty - the "practice jump" area sounds fun too.... maybe you or bratt can bring us by there if you remember how to get there.

38 more days!!!! I can't wait :yeehaw:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Cool, I'll have the honor of being lapped by Nikki on a natural-terrain MX track! Hey, my bike has a headlight so I'm SUPPOSED to be slow!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm slow, and I only gots me a lil WR250, i may be joining you. :eek:

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Brian, you have to go! Who else is gonna ride sweep on the PB ride? :whiner:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
In the event of NVR FNSH's absence, who will sweep the PB Ride???  Rooster?  Kiwi?  Mick? 

Skill Requirements:

• Must be able to recognize hormonal fluctuations in personality and react calmly.
  • Must be able to practice Dr. Phil-like inspirational pep talks when  PB riders have reached the abyss
  • Must be capable of riding not only your bike, but perhaps another bike or two up or down steep rutted hills
  • Must have thick skin to deflect estrogen-charged barbs and daggers that may be stared in your direction.

Who's up for the job?   :yeehaw:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, Natty, you know from DirtWeek that I am capable of sweeping :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
  • Must be able to recognize hormonal fluctuations in personality and react calmly.
  • Must be able to practice Dr. Phil-like inspirational pep talks when  PB riders have reached the abyss
  • Must be capable of riding not only your bike, but perhaps another bike or two up or down steep rutted hills
  • Must have thick skin to deflect estrogen-charged barbs and daggers that may be stared in your direction.
LMAO!! :laugh: Perfect!

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
I'd be willing to ride sweep.
I am going to be racing on Sunday so I don't need to ride fast on Friday and Saturday. I know the area pretty well too so that wouldn't hurt. I'm used to my wife calling me names and cursing at me so tough skin isn't a problem.

Brandon

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Looks like galant2nr comes with plenty of previous experience on that resume!! ;) 

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by Rooster
I'm slow, and I only gots me a lil WR250, i may be joining you. :eek:

Looks like I found my riding partner for Reno! :)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by galant2nr
I'd be willing to ride sweep.
I am going to be racing on Sunday so I don't need to ride fast on Friday and Saturday. I know the area pretty well too so that wouldn't hurt. I'm used to my wife calling me names and cursing at me so tough skin isn't a problem.

Brandon

Might be a bad idea for us to drink together...... Especially if the wives are around :p

Natty you described the requirements perfectly :scream:

Brian

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Moto'n Mama - COOL! We're arriving Friday afternoon (with Natalie) - probably between 3:00 and 4:00... not sure if we'll get in some ride time on Friday or not.

Top Bottom