Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's almost more fun when the little ones get a new ride than we us big kids do! Nice job.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've seen a lot of kids that age that were well within the "appropriate" size for a 65. Thos bikes a not as big as you think.

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
I guess I am just thinking about the size of my nephews that age (7 & 9), they are both too small. We looked at 65's for the older one, but maybe he is just small for his age. I do know they are fast bikes for their size. I've worked on a few when I was wrenching in shops.

ih8opec

Apr 3, 2007
well he has about 5 hours on it now and is having a blast!! once it's warmed up he can start it and he gets into 3 gear and rides around our trail here most of the time in the powerband!! yeah the bike may be a bit big now but at least I won't have to buy a new one next year! besides when he sits on his it fit's him like my 450 fit's me!! I would love to post a few pics for all to see if some-one could point me in the right direction? I have 2 pics of mine in my gallerie but could not get another one to up-load? I'll try again in the meantime thanks in advance,Neil

mokeyman511

Aug 24, 2007
the best thing you can do for him right now is lower the bike using oem linkages.they come in different lengths,the shorter ones actually raise the bike.

Jul 4, 2006
Once he gits a little seat time aorund the house I'd take him to a track that has some MX instruction. Just learning proper body position and other techniques goes a long way in keeping him out of trouble when things get hairy. They're like a sponge and learn quick "have fun"!
jscrub2edit.jpg
jcorner11.jpg

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Congrats. Unless he is small for his age he shouldn't have too much trouble with the 65. My son is 8 1/2 and has been on a KTM 65 for almost a year.

Top Bottom