Kill Switch help and a story for y'all

boardrider

Mar 16, 2005
I bought an 85' rm250 at the beginning of the summer and it has no kill switch. I have been meaning to put one on, but haven't yet... until now. I got to this riding lot with a friend, fired up my bike and was just about to put it in first when the throttle stuck wide open! I started to freeak out a little, so I figured I would put it in 4th or 5th and let the clutch out. Then I pictured myself flying at full throttle in one of those gears if it didn't die, so I stepped off and tried it. Well it through me to the ground in a doughnut and finally died. It was pretty scary. I thought there was no damage, but then norticed that I had completely shattered my bro's brand new 2005 truck's rear window from shooting rocks into it. The repair cost as much as I paid for my bike!! $*#@ ! I know I should have just shut the gas line off, but it happened so fast and was so damn loud I couldn't think. :bang:

So, anyways I bought a kill switch and need help with wiring. There is a connection wire hanging down from my gas tank, that I assume is what I need to connect it to. It is black with a yellow stripe. The other wire is a ground right??? Just want to make sure before I wire something wrong. All the other wires seem to be connected to something already. Thanks in advance. :ride:

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
That really sucks about the window. Normally when something like that happens to me i try and unstick the throttle as fast as possible and if it do'nt unstick i lay the bike down. It seems like you didn't get an oppurtunity to do that. And about the wires yes that is the wire you should connnect your kill switch to. And yes the other wire should be a ground.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
boardrider said:
So no one evn wants to reply with how stupid I am? :boss:
OK I'll bite. You're very stupid :bang:

I am glad that you got away with only a broken window. You could have just as easily been a nominee for this year's Darwin awards. :yikes:

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
boardrider said:
So no one evn wants to reply with how stupid I am? :boss:

Well, I would, except....been there, done that. ;) In my case, though, I reached down and flipped the spark plug wire off. ZAAAAPPP!!!!!!!
:ohmy: :ohmy:

Top Bottom