KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
We had a video crew following our (NAHA) series this year and even though they are not ready to release it, they put up a demo.

*DEMO HERE-HIGHER GROUND*

It is a big download--but it is worth it! :cool:

If the rest of it is as good as this demo -- then we will have a new classic to add to the library along with "Time to Ride" which I first heard of here at DRN. :cool:

Last edited:

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Take a look--

at the November issue of Dirt Rider page 86--that guy is the one at the very end of Demo---can't wait to watch it on surround sound! :eek:
Page 90 is on the video also.

They were here in Wyoming and this rider who will be called "Dale-(Seth)-Cope" for now, on crashed bad, his Yamaha FJ chased him down the hill and beat the snot out of him--he lay there twitching for a few seconds--they told me it is on the final cut.

B

biglou

He** Yeah!

That is hardcore. Definitely worth the wait for the download. Very cool.
*Pee-Wee Herman voice on* "I meant to do that. Hahaha"

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
TOO COOL

me and my grandson are watching it for the 17th time :eek:
Pure insanity is what that stuff is.

My grandson picks the demo over the cartoon network :)
I'm getting scared, very scared :scream:

nice thing about cable modem,, no download, just click and drool, er um I mean watch

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
--I wrote to the DesChamps brothers last night congratulating them on their Killer Demo and here is their response;

Mick DesChamps said:
I have recently watched the almost complete film that Pete has put together... All I can say is the demo was nothing. We are entering it into the X-Dance (Extreme Sundance Film Festival) competition for this year. I truly think this film will wake people up like no other film!

:cool:
We have been due a really good video for a long time, I can't wait. :)

That other Video ( Adrenaline Fix) has some great hillclimb footage from the 2000 season along with some real sick Trials bike stuff shot on the edges of cliffs at Moab.

B

biglou

A Quote.

From page 96 of Nov. Dirt Rider Magazine's interview with Travis Whitlock:
"Who has done the most for the Western type of hillclimbing?"
"Kerry Peterson has done a lot, and he brought it overseas. Here in the states I'd say Ken James, and Jeff and Jordi Smith for bringing the North American Hillclimbers Association to where it is today."

You go boy!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Incredible footage in the videos. I downloaded the Adrenaline fix demos also. Kind of like the Warren Miller of motor sports, extreme fun.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Awww shucks BigLou--

--Thanks

Warren Miller----:think
ya' lost me fremontguy
:confused:
The Fix video is an excellent Family video, no irresponsible behavior just some wicked ridin' :cool:

<--edit, I almost forgot , my son is in the Fix video crashing on his CR500 :)

Last edited:

mxchamps

Nov 4, 2001
Hey thanks guys! I am glad you liked the Demo. My brothers and I have been working on the video since April and are finishing it up this week. The sport of Hill Climbing is incredible!! We were first introduced to it last year when we filmed in Billings Montana for our video "Adrenaline Fix". We hope to expose the excitement and thrill of this professional sport in our new video "Higher Ground". I can tell you that the demo doesn't do the video justice!

I am curious to know if you guys prefer buying DVDs or VHS? The video is going into duplication this week and will be available soon! If you would like to be on our mailing list please visit our web site and sign up. Thanks again.
www.deschampsfilms.com

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Great job mxchamps and thanks for posting it KWJams. Hillclimbing at the "homevideo" non-competition level can also be very good. Jawbone Canyon (in California) has some of the best huge hills in the west, very technical and looooong, very NAHA. There are a lot of pro hillclimbers that even won't try "Butterball" but local guys can top it on stock/rubber 500s (and 520s). I have a lot of 8mm footage but it's pretty amateur, lot's of yuks though. I'm definitely going to buy your video, THANK YOU!

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Endo'

Get a hill and we will get the riders there!
:cool:
Our mailing list includes over 850 riders.

We really want a So-Cal event on the schedule.

The DesChamps have a link on their site for submitting clips.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Now I remember

place in SoCal where they used to have a hillclimb called DeAnza, spelling may be all wrong.
Does anyone know of this place, and if there is still the posibility of having a climb there?

Cycle News -- issue # 44 has picture of Travis Whitlock's on the cover!:cool:

The picture in the story of Dusty Beer is wrong, that is his bike but his brother is riding it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Very well done!
I'm with Kiwi... I don't do tapes.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Yes folks--

--bike # 18 in video is one of AJ's hammered on creations. :cool:

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
DVD. Also need Afix in DVD. Never going to buy another VHS.

Where are you in UT?

Do you work with Godfrey at all?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
KWJams - DeAnza had some truly steep and nasty hills - Jawbone has similar with a lot of them even longer. DeAnza hillclimb pic

DeAnza has been closed for some time now - they initially said it was only temporary, but how many places reopen once closed? I watched a timed hillclimb - I know they all are, but this was relatively easy and most could make it - and saw the hill they used for a national which was considerably steeper, extremely difficult to climb even on foot.

Had the thrill of seeing Kerry Petersen on his nitro burning Harley with barrels made from a civil war canon when he was champ as it was local for him.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Holy @#@$! I'm definitely going to sign up for that one!! DVD all the way. I love watching that kind of stuff! Awesome demo, can't wait for the whole thing. :)

Can't you pre-order the video?

mxchamps

Nov 4, 2001
WOW! Thanks again guys! KX727, no we don't work with Godfrey, but he did help us with Adrenaline Fix. He is a real cool guy. We will definatly be doing Higher Ground on DVD as well as VHS. It is at the duplicaters right now and will be available on the 20th. If you guys liked the demo the video will blow you away! I am stoked. Thanks again you guys!

Top Bottom