pace

Nov 21, 2003
My buddies and I are planning a trip to the Killpecker dunes in Wyoming, which is about a 5 hour drive from here. Can anyone from Wyoming tell me what we need to legally ride on this land that is managed by the BLM? Their site is particularly vague on regulations. I currently have a valid Colorado OHV sticker, but am wondering if we will need to purchase Wyoming stickers just for this trip. ..or if this is not policed. Also, are whips required? This is a huge area and I'm not sure what are the chances of us encountering other riders..

TIA.
-Pace

DrZero

Feb 16, 2004
Its one of the most deserted parts of the continental USA, not Glamis east. You may not see anyone at all. If you have any sort of sticker or license you'll probably be fine.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Drop me a line at cjsheely@sweetwaterhsa.com I live here and can help ya out. Basically you need a Wyo ORV sticker and a bike. Stickers are fir sale in town at the bike shops.. Actually you may not even need that aas the BLM is still deciding how to handle the new ORV sticker. You can amp in the area as well.. There is a archelogical site on the way, where there are a bunch of petroglphs to look at. . The dunes are fun, but there is a bunch of great riding in the RS area.

Top Bottom