yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
i have found a dirtbike recently the guy wants 150 and my dubbed out 70 for a 1990 kx80 he says that it was running when he stored and now it will not start could this be a problem that is going to be common(such as carb problems) and not to much money and i dont want to spend more than 200 to get it going.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
1: You most likey need to clean the Carburetor
I Perf the Throttle and Air Intake Cleaner it little stonger then Carb & Choke Cleaner or if you can get it Berryman B12 Chemtool Carburetor Cleaner in Aerosol Can or the best way is with Berryman 1 Gal B-9 Carburetor and Parts Cleaner with Basket.
Note do not use the Berryman B12 Chemtool Carburetor Cleaner Pour Can in your pre-mix gas.
Note some of the listed Berryman product you must be 18year old in order to buy it.
2: Wash your Foam Air Filter with soap and water and let it dry then Re-Oil it
3: Install a new Spark Plug
4: Take tank off the bike and flush the gas tank with plain gas.
5: Add new Pre-mix Gas

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So you are going to trade $150 AND a pit bike for an 18 year old 80?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
ryankdx12 said:
So, you approve or disapprove?
IMHO he's getting ripped off big time. Nope it's not my problem but he posted up he's got concerns which is all the more reason to really go hmmmm, something seems fishy. As noted the 18 year old 80 might be worth $150 on it's own... running! I'll also bet the pitbike could fetch more than double that on it's own so $450 for an 18 year old 80? Everyone needs to make their own decissions, this one will be what's called a "learning experience".

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
I don't thing so guys I have seen the 20 year motor by them self sell for way more then $150 as long as it in good shape and all parts are there non crack plastic parts.
What kind of pit bike are you trading ryankdx12? and is it good shape or is your trash which is why that other guy wanted some cash.
Not to long ago I just sold 1987 KX80 for $900 after rebuild the motor and new bearings all the way round Front & Rear and Swing Arm are Lower Shock Link and Swing Arm Linkage and new brake pads and change out the fork oil with new Plastic Rear Fender.

ryankdx12

Jul 12, 2007
Patman said:
IMHO he's getting ripped off big time. Nope it's not my problem but he posted up he's got concerns which is all the more reason to really go hmmmm, something seems fishy. As noted the 18 year old 80 might be worth $150 on it's own... running! I'll also bet the pitbike could fetch more than double that on it's own so $450 for an 18 year old 80? Everyone needs to make their own decisions, this one will be what's called a "learning experience".

Your opinion as stated here is much clearer and more helpful than simply asking him a question. I realize it is helpful for people to "think out" their own decisions. However what you stated here is far more clear and helpful. Thanks.

shspvr- I'm not trading anything. You've got the wrong person. I just wanted Patman to be more clear. He had an opinion, but wasn't stating his thoughts clearly.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
well i think that i have all the data that i need and i think im going to do it, i have wanted to own a kx80 for a while now and have heard good things about them and ive just found out that they are putting a fmf gold series pipe and new renthal bars. but i can truley say this will be a learning experience.

Top Bottom