Woodbyrd

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
I have just reassembled my top end and noticed the power valve will turn but I had to add some force. I removed to O-ring off the right hand rod that moves front to back then it turns smooth as butter. I did a search on this “ring” and it came back as you can use it or not.

So if I do not use it the power valve turns smoothly but I may get spooge or water through that passage. If I use the O-ring then my power valve is hard to turn which might cause something to break, which is the reason it is down now. I am just looking for some insight here because I do not know which way to go. :think:

Thanks for the input

Bricks88

Sponsoring Member
Mar 14, 2002
Try to lube it and reinstall it.I had the same problem I think from using Brakleen to clean some parts.I oiled it up and put it back together and that solved it .

Woodbyrd

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
I have put a brand new, from Kawaski, O-ring on it. I have pulled it apart two time since I just posted and relubed but still to the same effect.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I had the same problem and used some stuff called "Parker O Ring Lube" It is made special for neoprene o rings. It has been working great for weeks.

Woodbyrd

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
dsndblm,

Where did you get the lube? I am willing to try it. Does it seem to be better than just using 2-stroke oil?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Have you been using 2 stroke oil to lube it? The factory manual says to use black Moly grease. I have tried using 2 stroke oil on the o ring, only to find the PV's to be stickey. I took them apart and made sure nothing was binding, then used black Moly and they are super smooth.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I got the Parker O Ring Lube through an local aircraft chemical supply. It shouldnt be hard to find a dealer. Here is Parkers link. It is great stuff.

parker.com/o-ring/images/msdssuperlube.pdfpany.

Woodbyrd

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
fatty_k,
I have always used 2-stroke oil, doesn't mean that is correct. I checked my manual and it sayes to use 2-stroke oil. But I found one small bullet "Apply high temp grease to o-ring on the right valve rod". That might be the problem.

dsndblm,
I will try to find an aircraft parts store around here and see what they know.

Thanks for the help!

Woodbyrd

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
Wibby,

That was one of the articles I came across when I did the search. I could not get the PV to work smoothly with the O-ring so I just left it off. I will write back and let everyone know of my findings. I hope they are just like Sage's!!

mountainrider

Dec 11, 2000
That Oring has always been a problem on my kdx's. Whenever the powervalves stick the Oring is usually the culprit. I always replace mine with a new one from Kawasaki, but if it will work without one I would love to get rid of it.

Top Bottom