sparkz

Jan 7, 2004
Yo peeps, just rebuilt my top-end, de-splooged, (not that there was a great amount, more carbon than anything), & fitted a Wiseco piston kit while I was there to my 02 220. Now this KIPS thing, doddle to strip & build etc, but looking at the barrel from the front. The nut that holds the right worm gear on, (with the ball bearing below it), there didnt seem a way to locate it. I just backed the left exhaust valve right off, lined the cogs, & just held the right backed off while I nipped it up. Is it me or was I missing something to locate it on the shaft or does the 10mm head nut hold it there.

Cheers

Shane, (UK)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
If you are talking about locating it with respect to the rack/pinon, there is an index mark on the pinion gear that must match up to the rack.

If you mean whether there's a key to locate the gear (pinion) on the shaft end, I seem to recall that it's just the 10mm nut.

Attachments

• PVBall.gif
    PVBall.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 111

sparkz

Jan 7, 2004
Aye, that was it exactly. I lined it up with the shaft etc, but just wound it so both powervalve's were fully shut & nipped it up. Thanks for the reply fella

Shane (York) :)

Top Bottom