Dec 15, 2010
i was helping my friend rebuild the top end on his 05 kdx 220 when after stripping & cleaning up the kips valve i noticed that on reassembley the R/H valve did not open in sink with the L/H side..even when fully open the port hole wasnt as big as the R/H..i followed the manual & installed everything as it stated & lined up the marks on the valves with that on the shafts etc...i have noticed that when i tighten the small 8mm nut on the end of the valve connecting shaft this causes the wheel to move (this wheel is not keyed) thus moving the rod that activates the sub valve which in turn moves the sub valve & makes this valve not in sink with the other...this small wheel does have x2 tiny holes in it which i assume maybe to attatch some kind of locking tool for tightening..i have since placed a screwdriver on the ratchet when tightening this nut & have made it line up perfectly with the other valve, now its all in sink & works fine, i am wondering if anyone here has had this same problem ?

Top Bottom