upnorthbacon

Jan 28, 2005
Klotz and Honda oil questions?

Went to pick up some of my usual Klotz premix and they have Klotz watercraft blend for premix or injectors. I always used R50 (I think that was the version it was premix only) will I be ok with the watercraft blend? What is the difference between the injector recommended oils and premix only oils? Also the guy at the shop talked me into using Honda Pro-Honda HP Trans Oil SAE 80W/85W for the gearbox. I read the back and Honda states it's for 2 stroke gearboxes. Is this good stuff or should I drain it and run regular synthetic 10w30?

Last edited:

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Pro Honda trans oil is A-OK for tranmission, so is the 10W30 you currently use or 10W40 (Pick any brand of auto oil in this weight) Also, ATF type F is a good choice. Change trans oil often is more important than using specialty oil. I personally always used 10W40 Castrol in my KDX and ATF type F in my KX250. Never had an issue using either. I'd be leary about using non-bike specific pre-mix. Honda (HP2) makes a good premix for bikes if you can't find the proper Klotz oil.

Top Bottom