dmac24

Oct 18, 2003
I'm trying to determine which is the better bike for my daughter. She's 55 inches tall and has a very slender build. She's looking to learn how to ride and I want to get her a bike that'll last a while and that my son can move up to from his CRF 50. I'm not that knowledgeable about the bikes/makes, I'm just real good with the checkbook.
Many Thanks

Dave Mac Donald

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The XR (CRF) 70 is a great first bike. It is light and easy to handle. It is well built and more importantly, built to last many new riders. As such it has high resale value, as high as 95%.

The KLX is a bit of a pig. The engine is out of a quad and is not known for its "lightness".

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They both are close in seat height (26.1" CRF70F vs. 25.6" KLX110) and the weight is not that far apart at 128 vs 140. Either bike is going to be heavy for a slight youngster so I'd check the rep of the dealerships and if they are similar let her pick her favorite color. Now about that good with the checkbook thing, I'm looking to be adopted... "Dad" ;)

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
If she can sit on and hold up the 110 she can handle it. It will last her a little longer. My son had one and rode it at 115 lbs.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I have a klx110 and love it. It is a great little bike with a lot of hop up potential. It is very versatile as it can be set up for the woods or modded for track duty. You can put a manual clutch, kx60 forks, 134cc kit, etc. My 5 yr old can ride me around the yard on ours.

Top Bottom