May 1, 2007
Alright guys, a buddy of mine has a 2003 KLX125 that he rides with me on occasion but I keep it at my house and maintain it a lot of the time. Anyways, it constantly streams gasoline out of the carb overflow.(float stuck i imagine?) On top of this, the fuel switch has quit working the majority of the time so if you let it sit with fuel in it you come back to a puddle if you turn the fuel off or not. Im tired of it draining in my garage so I suppose I will try to fix it. (Outdoor dirt floor garage, not as bad as it sounds). I have the manual for a 2003 Yamaha ttr-125 which seems to be the EXACT same bike but it has nothing about carb leak troubleshooting so it would be nice if anybody had some info for me. I have never had a dirt bike carb apart so I have no very little clue what im doing. I also want to fix that switch. This little thumper burns, no no *uses* about 4 times the fuel of my 250 2 stroke and it is ridiculous.

Jan 3, 2007
Alright. So, you will need a new petcock, and seat valve. You might be able to rplace an o-ring in the petcock (fuel on and off switch) and the seat valve is what allows gas into the float and being regulated by the float arms.

May 1, 2007
$53 for a petcock? I think not! I will put a damn inline shutoff after the thing for $3 way before that. Is the 'seat valve' the same thing as the needle valve?

May 1, 2007
Well I fixed the fuel switch by flipping the gasket over. The one side of it was chewed up from crap that was inside of it. The brass tube that goes into the tank was full of junky crap that i would guess caused the float valve to stick in the first place. Anybody know a place where I can buy just the gaskets I need to take the carb apart, I would prefer to not have to buy a whole rebuild kit.

jvober1

Jan 29, 2009
hello i have 04 klx125 and i was ridding and it started ticking and i still rode for a couple weeks and just ignored it. Then down the road it started getting really slow in 4th and 5th gears and then it just died and theres no compression. Is this mean i need to replace the top end? I also might have got a little water in the engine. Please give me your expertise. What happened.

Top Bottom