plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Hey, has anyone done any mods to their KLX? I have revented the crankcase, new Stroker headpipe, Stroker SX-1 exhaust, and a Dynojet kit. Man! What a difference! I can keep up with those WR & XR-400s on the trails now. It is money well spent. :thumb: :thumb:

Brewster

Dec 2, 2001
Start working on the suspension. The stock suspension is very unbalanced. The forks are set for a 140 lb. rider and the shock for a 185 lb. rider. The shim stack in the shock needs reworking also to speed up the rebound.
More power is good for going straight on a smooth surface. Suspension will help in all other conditions and you will not get tired as quick.

Ride on
Brewster

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've got a nicely beefed up KLX as a matter of fact, the suspension is the big thing as Brewster said, I put heavier springs in mine and installed the devol pullrods on the rear to add some height. The motor has the stroker 307 kit, stroker header, FMF "Q" series pipe, and the biggest difference of all, a 33mm mikuni pumper. No bogging with that puppy, just twist and go :thumb:
Of course you can go completely nuts with mods, mine's a bit older so it's had to have a few things done, but it's worth the cash in the end, the KLX is a nice light four stroke trailbike.

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
Does anyone know if a KX rear fender will fit on the KLX. I've always hated the rear fender on the KLX. Thanks

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
it won't fit, but Maier makes an MX style fender for the KLX, good fit and finish as well, really gives the bike a nice new look.

Attachments

• KLX2.jpg
    KLX2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,080
Top Bottom