visbits

Jun 29, 2008
I have a 2002 Klx 300, I've got about 600$ worth of hop-up in it, this includes a big stainless steel header and FMF Power Core 4, Also a 36mm Mikuni Pump Accelerated carb. I'm 240lbs 6'2, I've got .49kg racetech springs in the front end, I'm using a KX500 stock rear shock.

I'm burning about 4 rear tires a year, it really puts the power down.

It grunts well, you can ride it around in 3rd and 4th like you can with a 500 :)

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I had an 02 KLX 300 and it was a really nice bike, I put the dyno jet jet kit on it removed the air box lid and installed a procircuit slip on and it ripped! I love a six speed tranny, that thing handled like a corvette in the trails. My brother in law still rides the heck out of it without fail. I have found that I like a more motocross style bike for the trails, I like to ride pretty fast and the over powered motor and stiff suspension works really well for me. The only gripe I had with the KLX was the availability for after market parts, kinda hard to find stuff for. You wont regret it if you get one, pretty quik and very reliable.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
gumby1 said:
The KLX is a great bike. I've owned about 40 dirt bikes over 34 years and the KLX is my favorite. Easy to start hot or cold, reliable, handles well, good power with a few mods, and easy on gas. It's an outstanding woods bike.

40?!?!?! :whoa:

Top Bottom