KLX 300 Preformance

DGill125

Oct 12, 2004
Hi, my uncle asked me to do some research for him on silencers for his 2004 Kawasaki KLX 300, because the stock one is a little less than pleasing. I found the FMF Power Core 4 for that bike, and also the Pro Circuit T4, both around the same price range. He is mostly a woods rider, but wants more of a power gain from his bike. He also wants to spend less than $400. Are those good silencers, or should I be looking for something different, Thanks.

ramz

Professional Trail Rider
Jan 26, 2004
Salida, CO
KLX300 Stroker exhaust

DGill125 said:
Hi, my uncle asked me to do some research for him on silencers for his 2004 Kawasaki KLX 300, because the stock one is a little less than pleasing.

< ADMIN EDIT" SPAM SOMEHERE ELSE. THANKS :) >

So I'll know better next time...
what part of my reply was SPAM?

Last edited:

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
i personally think that aftermarket (loud) exhausts are lame and a waste of money. if you want that bike to be more pleasing, make sure you have done the free mods first (see http://www.planetklx.com/ for more info). that makes a noticeable difference. then a pumper carb is a good bet. i became pretty happy with my 300 engine after putting in the pumper carb.

some guys have had the flywheel shaved down. the klx comes with a freakin' boat anchor for a flywheel, so that will perk up the response quite a bit without making it too stall-prone or anything.

eventually, you might want to think about a 330 kit. or a bigger bike.

mw

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…