KLX_Rider

Sep 21, 2006
Hey everyone, I ride a 2000 KLX300R, and I was wondering how it would stock up against a WR250F in terms on handling, power, etc. The KLX has had the airbox lid removed, and the suspension re-done by Mx-Tech. Other than that it is bone stock.

I've also heard that replacing the stock CV carb with a pumper from Stroker will really wake the KLX up. If anyone has done this mod, I was wondering what the cost is roughly, the amount of work required, and how noticeable the power increase is.

Thanks to any in advance.

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
I don't have a pumper carb on my KLX but I did the dynojet kit, that made a world of difference and only cost about $45 on E-***, I removed the snorkel in the airbox and plug from the exhaust. The DJ kit elimated the poor cold running and provided the correct jets to update for the intake and exhaust mods. I got all the info from planetklx.com . I recently picked up a KX250F and love it. The difference it weight is wonderful, The KLX is just so top heavy. I like the 250F so much I think I'm gonna hand down the KLX to my brother.

G-Train

Mar 28, 2005
are you using the kx as a woods bike at all? I'm looking to replace my 2000 kdx with a thumper but a want a thumper with sick performance. I love the KTM 250EXCF but you won't find a "deal" on one. I'd rather stay Kawa. The 2008 klx450 and the crf450x have my attention but they both have wide ratio trannys and excess weight. I'm definatly considering putting a light kit on a 2006 KX250F as my best option. Waddia think? (hey, do you know Don Gerald Bird-Bird's fishing tackle?)

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
Ya I'm using the KX250F as a woods bike, or trying to. I like the bike a lot. it's super light, I can heave it over logs and what not, it ripps on the top end, and putts around the tight stuff. I have a couple of complaints though as far as a trail bike goes. It's bottem end power is kinna lacking, it's fine for normal stuff but just does'nt have the grunt to lug in a higher gear up steep stuff. I'm playing with gear ratios right now. (a patch, I know) THE BOG, gezz I'm working on that too, seems I can't get rid of it, seems I just moove the bog around with jetting, and pump timing. I get it pretty good down here at 1500ft and when I go up the forrest it's fine at staging, but starts crapping out at 3500ft and up. Also, I replaced the Valves and springs with Kibblewhite as soon as I got the bike, you can read about the Head problems if you search.

I ride 50% haulin' the mail and 50% geezer, and KX250F is pretty good for both, mabey theres better bikes for your application but I like to ride green.

Naw I don't know the fishing tackle place.

Top Bottom