Dixie4

Jul 13, 2007
Has any one test rode and compair the two side by side yet, If so Please do tell, And is Jeff going to race the new bike or stick with the 200, or the 250-F.

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
Never rode a KLX450 and can't speak for Fredette, but I did observe him riding one at a hare scramble at Glasford, IL back in May. Apparently he's working with Kawasaki to test and develop their new offraod weapon. It will be interesting to see what he rides at the ISDE.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Never rode one either........I know Destry Abbott is campaigning one. His bike has the MX version subframe and a lighter battery.......all reviews of this bike seem to be very positive.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I've ridden the MX version on some tight single track. This one had aftermarket suspension by Enzo but was otherwise stock. I could not believe how good it was. Honestly, it would gobble up any KDX I've ever ridden. The motor was sensational.

With the bigger tank, 18" rear, and e-start of the enduro version, I think it would be an excellent trail/enduro/cross country bike.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
I've ridden the MX version on some tight single track. This one had aftermarket suspension by Enzo but was otherwise stock. I could not believe how good it was. Honestly, it would gobble up any KDX I've ever ridden. The motor was sensational.

With the bigger tank, 18" rear, and e-start of the enduro version, I think it would be an excellent trail/enduro/cross country bike.

Did it feel heavy compared to the KDX?

Dixie4

Jul 13, 2007
Been looking over on Thumper-Talk and they are having a over heating problem and dead batterys, but so far no Tight wood or Hairscramble test to go buy to compair the two rides. Here in NC most dealers are crazy OUT the door set up and all 8,500 a 2 hour drive to SC 6,500 out the door in Rockhill SC.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sandman 2.0 said:
Did it feel heavy compared to the KDX?

Nope. The MX version felt light and nimble, and cornered very well. I'm sure the enduro version is noticeably heavier, but considering all the things you get with it (e-start, etc...) it seems to me that Kawasaki has done a good job of keeping it light and relatively affordable.

Dixie4

Jul 13, 2007
Still know one with a test ride, Dealer said no demo rides either, why buy a pig in a poke and take a chance that you may like or not like a big 450 four stroke, and I guess I'll stay 2 stroking a little while longer. Please Kept this open for more disscusion, If you allready Know how to ride and are racing I see no Problem with a demo ride, When you Buy a car new or used You test drive before you buy. What gives.

kah68

Sep 16, 2007
I was riding in the Corduroy trail ride in Ontario this past weekend. My brother and friend met up with Jeff Fredette and rode with him for the day. He was more than willing to let us have a ride on it, and man what a nice bike! It's a heavy bike that doesn't feel heavy, nice suspension, ergos, seat and man this thing's got lots O tug! It's very docile till you open it up a bit and then it has all you want. I was really impressed with how smooth it was for a big thumper. I must say Jeff is a nice guy, didn't get mad when I layed it down in a mud hole. If It could be street plated I would trade my KLX250 tomorrow. Jeff if you're reading this thanks for the bolt for my number plate.

Kirk

hart125

Dec 11, 2003
Ya, I talked to him last week and he said he is working with kaw on the klx 450 not the kdx anymore. says the kdx mods will be around for quite a while though. he said the klx was heavy but didn't feel heavy on the trail.

Top Bottom