penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I'm not as fast as I once was , but I am as fast once as I ever was. Put a fast rider on the KLX and it might surprise you how the bike does :p

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Yeah Kevkon that Kent KLX365 http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Bikes/Bike16/Bike16.htm is one trick bike, built a KLX into a true weapon. A list of all mods is on the web site, but it's 'under construction' right now. Been a while since I looked at the list, but I remember it at least has the Stroker 365 (with all the goodies), suspension redone, & great cosmitics, plus everything Works Connection makes for the KLX. That & Spodekills KLX (rest in peace) are the two trickest KLXs' that I know of.

matt in Clovis

kevkon

Sponsoring Member
Feb 20, 2001
I wonder how much frame modification was made to that bike and what had to be done for the tank and shrouds to fit?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I'd like to know that as well, especially since it's so hard to tell with the frame painted gloss black. Could be stock for all we know. I do recognize he's swapped out the rear swingarm for a KX one, which is what Stroker does to their rear suspensions.

Since these are essentially KX frames, the main thing Eric Gorr points out in his book for the KX's is to gusset the frame in a few places, mostly in lower points. I know SpodeKill gusseted the steering head area, though Eric doesn't call this out as a weakness in any year KX.

I've been contemplating painting my bike's frame KX Green (like an '00-'01) but after seeing this am thinking black would be pretty cool. I'd also like to know where he got the black side plates since they look a little different than those on SpodeKill's KLX. And what are those radiator shrouds off of, a KX? Aftermarket? The graphics even go into the seat cover.

BTW, if you've never checked it out Kawasaki offers a nice water pump cover that installs and fits perfectly. I think it's nicer than Stroker's and the price is the same so I went with it. The description on www.buykawasaki.com says it's the one the factory Team Green guys use (I forgot who makes it but it's a nice piece).

kevkon

Sponsoring Member
Feb 20, 2001
DougRoost,

Thought you may like to know, BBR e-mailed me and said they did $3500 worth of mods to the Kent bike. Included in the modifications were aluminum tank, airbox, and sub-frame ( those BBR guys love that aluminum).
You can get the black side panels and fender thru Stroker or Maier.
I wonder if a stock KX tank could somehow be adapted to the KLX frame ?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Height and Green Stickers

If the WRF met emissions for Cali., and didn't have a 75" seat height, then this would be a more difficult question -- at least for 5'10" California riders.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
kevkon, thanks for passing the info along from BBR. I knew Stroker offered the black plastic sideplates since SpodeKill had them on his, but they looked different than these. I called BBR and found out why. All of the plastic on this bike is KX plastic. This is possible because they put a KX subrame on it and of course custom made the gas tank so it could fit KX shrouds. FYI, the aluminum gas tank holds 2 gallons. Wicked bike.

Top Bottom