Razordogg

Aug 31, 2006
I'm looking for some feedback, I'm looking at buying my wife either a KLX125 or an XR200/250. She is a novice and is 5'8. Can anyone give me some feedback on the KLX I know nothing about them. Have experience with the XR 200 not sure what would be best. Also an feedback on the CRF150 would be helpful too. I'm a little worried about the weight on an CRF150 or XR200 is the KLX much lighter? How about power difference?

Thanks
Razordogg

Jun 5, 2006
the klx ttr and drz 125's are all pretty tame and will be easy for her to handle. However, they lack seriously in power. the crf150 will have a tiny bit more umph but is quite a bit heavier than the 125's. There is also the crf230 which should have plenty of power for her. it is a bit heavier, but it's also got a short profile, making it easier to control. it just depends if you're going to be riding where you'll need more power.

Razordogg

Aug 31, 2006
Thanks Xtreme,
I think the 125 is probably the way to go for her at first since she is a real novice. We will be riding real tame trails and I don't see any serious hill climbs in her immediate future!! :yikes:

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
Razordogg said:
Thanks Xtreme,
I think the 125 is probably the way to go for her at first since she is a real novice. We will be riding real tame trails and I don't see any serious hill climbs in her immediate future!! :yikes:
yup, the 125 is the way to go. i love the ttr. try looking into that. ive heard some broken frames, swingarms and other things on the kawasaki.

cr125freak

Jul 11, 2005
i would say the xr200.. At 5' 8'' she would probably tower over the 150 and 125... The 250x would probably be no fun to ride since she is a novice

Razordogg

Aug 31, 2006
The only ting I worry about is the weight on the XR200. Ireally like the light weight of the TTR125. It's taken me 16 years to get her riding and I don't want to scare her off. I would rather have her on a bike that is maybe a little to small or wimpy then one that is too big or cumbersome for her skill level at this point. The way I look at it is I can always up grade!
I'm going to check out a used TTR tomorrow.
Thanks guys!

Top Bottom