KLX125L or DRZ125L or TTR125L

I borrowed a buddies TTR and it was a hoot so, now I want one. Looking at the specs for these three bikes they all appear pratically identical so, any thoughts?

Thank you! :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
any color will do - you may want a red one to beat up on the blue one ! seriously :)

Heh, that's pretty much what I was thinkin' - just different colors.
...'cept in red's case 'cause it's also 40 pounds heavier. :p

Honda probably makes the most reliable thumpers in my opinion. The only thing I hate about the XR line is the poor suspension, but then again for those type of bikes you wont expect much more from other brands.

I would say go CRF-150 if you are getting a small 4-stroke thumper trail bike, but how tall are you and what is your weight? an where and what kinda riding will u be doing? why not look at something like a 85cc 2-stroke or 100cc 2-stroke that way you can smoke everybody.

Yeah, I was looking at the CRF150 - it's a little more expensive and alot heavier. The biggest advantage I've heard is that it has a better frame (and 25cc's) but, that I could buy a frame brace for these three which'll make 'em about even in that regaurd only without the massive weight penalty but, I'm not so sure I'll be at a point where I notice these issues for a little while anyway. Suspension wise, I figured that which ever bike I get is going straight to the local suspension shop for new springs and valving so, that's not a real big deal either. Basically, I picked these three 'casue they were cheap and light. :)

...as for smokin' people that is NOT an issue. I just wanna goof around and have some fun as I stick my big toe, so to speak, into dirt ridin'.

Originally posted by afmrick
...as for smokin' people that is NOT an issue. I just wanna goof around and have some fun as I stick my big toe, so to speak, into dirt ridin'.
Well, I think alot of people said that before they started getting into riding. You never stated your weight and height, budget, and or your riding types you will be doing (for example: trail riding, opened feilds, dirt roads..) and it could make all the difference in the world when people are trying to help you with your decision.

And you certainlly don't want to get a bike that you might grow out of quickly.

Height: 6'1". Weight: 175, Budget: Small
As for what kind of riding I'm gonna do, I have no idea. Originally I was interested in flat tracking but, recently discovered that jumps are really cool too. So, I dunno but, one of those - trail riding hasn't really captivated me at all yet.

I was just talking to my local suspension shop - askin' what they thought and Phil just raved about how great the XR100 is. Hmmmmmmmm.

I own an XR 100, and its a great bike. However, I am 5'6 and it is too small for me. I am buying a KX 100 for christmas however, and at over 6 foot, the XR 100 or TTR/KLX/DRZ 125s are going to be way too small for you.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
At first I thought you were looking for a pit/play bike. At your height/weight, you would be better off with a late model KDX200 - The bike is light, easy to ride and maintain, and can grow with you. These can be had for under $3000 - check out http://www.cycletrader.com

If you are a beginner, you may also want to consider the TTR250 or DRZ250, both have electric start.

The TTR didn't feel too small but, I don't know nuthin' about nuthin'. I do know that a bunch of people my size and bigger flat track 'em locally and the XR100 is what American Supercamp uses to instruct people of all sizes on so, I'm not overly concerned about size/power.

Thank you everyone - You've given me alot to think about!!! :)

Oh, it's absolutely a play bike for goofin' around with buddies! Having a pit bike as a side affect is just a happy bonus!

Dang, your 6' and you want a CRF150? I'd at least get a 125 2 stroke. If you are going to do some woods a KDX or 200EXC would fit. Are you a very expirienced rider? I'd get a 125(which ever brand fits you best) because you can jump, race, ride trails, and take it on a flat track. You might like the power of a 250F for flat track.

You definatly arn't going to smoke any one on any 125 4 stroke. I considered the TT-R when I was like 5'2" I got a RM80 instead and loved it. You can put around on a 2 stroke(esp. a KDX) but get on the pipe and really smoke them if you want. Are you ever doing to do any serious riding or do you basicly want a overgrown pit bike? Once you get this bike it could be your last(unless you grow to be 7'5" or trade it off and spend twice the money).

Yeah, it's lookin' like maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself - I just had boat laods of fun last weekend and decided I need to do more of this NOW! I guess logically, I should just go buy some of my own gear and mooch bikes until I figure out what I want to do.

...stupid logic.

Originally posted by afmrick
Yeah, it's lookin' like maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself - I just had boat laods of fun last weekend and decided I need to do more of this NOW! I guess logically, I should just go buy some of my own gear and mooch bikes until I figure out what I want to do.

...stupid logic.
Makes perfectly good sense to me..

A bunch of people buy bikes just to have fun on, but then don't realize how much they eventually get into it, and if you get seomthing like a TTR 125 you are going to grow out of it very quicky at that height and weight!

I would look for a used 125 cc 2-stroke. That would be great for you. They are not that much money used at all for 2-3 years old, since they loose their resale value pretty quickly. You can probably find something like a 2001 125cc bike for 2500$

If you want something real cheap get a old XR250. You can put around on that and fix it up every 10 rides.:)