Blinkme7182

Sep 30, 2000
Is the KLX 250 made anymore? What kind of bike was it? What about a KLX 250 compared with a KDX250? Would klx250 be good for someone like me who's been riding for a year (RM80) and is 5'3", 115/120 lbs? Any input is appreciated, folks!
Marc

Sierra Flash

Dec 29, 2000
KLX UPDATE

One thing about the KLX go find the oldest one made put an 01 graphics
on it and waalaaaaaa you have the newest model they make. It comes
complete with the original bad shift star, fragile gear, eyedropper carb, smurf
ground clearance as the 2001.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
and you can fix all those problems for way less than a YZF250. some of us don't need nosebleed seat hieght and a powerband about as wide as a razorblade. We won't make you ride a KLX and won't ask to ride your YZF. For a crappy bike, Kawasaki sure does sell a lot of them. BTW is the 250f green sticker legal yet?

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
I still have my '94 KLX250, although it is now 338cc. Stroker turned a mild mannered little woods machine into one that is actually competitive at a hare scrambles OR M/X. With the engine work and suspension updates, this has turned into a monstrously fun machine. Plus, it has been extremely reliable.

Sierra Flash

Dec 29, 2000
and you can fix all those problems for way less than a YZF250. some of us don't need nosebleed seat hieght and a powerband about as wide as a razorblade. We won't make you ride a KLX and won't ask to ride your YZF. For a crappy bike, Kawasaki sure does sell a lot of them. BTW is the 250f green sticker legal yet?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes have seen how they can be fixed after putting in 3 to 4 thousand most
people sale them and buy another bike. YZ250F are race bikes with horsepower so they are not, nor do they need to be green sticker legal.
I know you hated to purchase that KTM but the e-start will save your knee
even though you will slower than on your KLX.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
for your information I still have my KLX, do not have a KTM and don't know where you got your info and I have not spent 3 or 4 thousand dollars between all 3 of my KLX's. You really do need to get your facts straight. It must really get boring going round and round the same old MX track while I am free to go wherever I want You are still an horses behind Flush old buddy, if you spent 3 or 4 grand on your KLX, I have to worry about you

BTW, the knee is just fine, too bad I can't line up and show you how slow I really am. There is an old saying: "Youth and skill are no match for age and treacery":p

Last edited:

sparkymarky

Feb 21, 2001
sierra flash, you are really starting to sound like a 15-yr old kook. reading the original post (poster is short, light, inexperienced) a klx250/300 is about the perfect bike. of course it's not a full-on race bike. big deal. racing is fun, but only a tiny part of what motorcycling is all about.

all bikes are cool, except the ones that are owned by 15-yr old kooks with the "my bike is faster than yours" mindset. a good rider on an average bike will utterly humiliate an average rider on a great bike every time.
-mw

ThumperPower

May 12, 2001
Amen

Well put Sparky Marky, I truly enjoy my klx, i have a 97 klx 300, it has been my most favored ride of everything i have thrown my leg over. i bought this bike by accident, i went to see it with a friend, i was not really intresed in a kawie, but when i rode it, and read the reviews, i saw no better machine on the market. i payed 2500 for my bike, all the fixes were allready done, and now i am free to put a little money into it, a pumper carb, header, and breather kit. with all that completed i have no fear that my machine and any other KlX will finish you. but in fear of sounding like you i will not make that claim. This thread was just some one asking about klx, and you turn around and make it a battleover machines.

I don't have to beat the bike, Just YOU

Top Bottom