bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
Heres the deal looking for a 4 stroke bike that me and my dad could share.Now he mostly rides atv but hes has to be able to ride it 2. heres the specs of both of us.Purrty much set on 1 of those 2.Its gotta ok on atrack and great on the trails

me
) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
I am about 5'8, 140lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Moderate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Tracks,forest,Fields,dunes
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Ive ridden dirtbikes for about 2years rm80
5) Do you think you will race ?
No but ride on the tracks 4 sure
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
The jist of it
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke kawasaki GREEN STICKED
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Kawisaki in town
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
As little as possilbe but gotta run good NEW OR USED
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

DAD

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
6' 4" and 200
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
moderate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
same as son
4) Do you have any riding experience?
yeah 30 years ago
5) Do you think you will race ?
no

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The extra power of the 300 will certainly help at your dad's size. The stock 300 is pretty mellow in the power department. The 250 might be underpowered for a big rider in the mountains. Both bikes can be made to work well with some suspension and motor mods, but the 300 is the preferred choice.

You might also consider a Suzuki DRZ-400. The non-estart, non-street legal version is probably at least 20 pounds heavier than a KLX300, but it also makes a friendly trail bike.

bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
Narrowed It down

Here is what i narrowed it down 2

XR400
DRZ400
WR250 if i can find 1 CHEAP'
KLX300

meber trail AND Track ridden

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Yep, unless you mod the heck out of them, the XR, DRZ and KLX are poor choices for the MX track.

Maybe you could get an old (cheap) DR350 trail bike for your dad and an older 125 two stroke MXer for you. That way you could ride trails together. For $1,000 - $1,200 each you might find something suitable if you shop around. The 125 would be a 2 stroke, but it would be much better on the track than a stock DRZ, XR or KLX.

Also, you can get a KDX200 pretty darn cheap and it would be a good choice for trail riding and better on the track than the stock, XR, DRZ, DR or KLX.

JMHO.

RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
dude you should try a 2-stroke i was skeptical at first because i thought you would have to rebuild them very often and i thought it would be more maintainance. It's actually cheaper and easier to work on than a 4-stroke bike. Plus the hit of a 2-stroke is addictive and they're lighter.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'm assuming he wants a four stroke because he lives in California and want a green sticker bike. Although, not all four-strokes are green stickered here. Might want to double-check on the WR250. The last I checked the WR's weren't green stickered bikes. I could be wrong though.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Very cool! Sounds like you found a great bike! Congrats!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom