Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
While perusing the new Kawasaki website, I noticed the KLX300. Has anyone tried the KLX forks on a KDX? The forks are inverted 43mm but only have compression damping, so I don't know if they are any better than the stock ones. Do they fit the KDX?

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
the stock klx forks suck pondwater. with gold valves or a professional revalve they can be made to suck slightly less, but you're better off sending your kdx forks to someone who knows what he's doing.

xr4redrider

Jan 12, 2009
KLX Forks on a KDX220R

I have a 220 KDX with the Devol Prepped KLX300 forks on it, there is no way you will make the stock forks work as good as these, the front end is much improved, I have several friends who have done it too with no regrets. Like the previous post said you do need to prep them first. I have mine on Craigs list for sale because I went the four stroke way.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
xr4redrider said:
I have a 220 KDX with the Devol Prepped KLX300 forks on it,
One of the OP's question was "do the KLX forks fit on the KDX?"
This sounds interesting to me, too...soooo, I also want to know what it took to adapt the KLX forks to the KDX. Share your knowledge with us.

xr4redrider

Jan 12, 2009
mudpack said:
One of the OP's question was "do the KLX forks fit on the KDX?"
This sounds interesting to me, too...soooo, I also want to know what it took to adapt the KLX forks to the KDX. Share your knowledge with us.
Its a bolt up fit, the only thing that you have to do is add to the steering stop, because the KLX forks are larger around and the tripple clamp will hit the fuel tank, I added a flat piece of steel and bent it over on the ends and drilled a hole to bolt it on, thats it. The fenders and all bolt up. you will have to buy a set of KX250 fork guards and slightly modify them to fit. It all is very easy to do, you will love the difference they make, and there cool looking too. Good Luck

Kaleel

May 6, 2008
The front forks on my KLX250S are alot nicer than the KDX forks. So is the whole suspension for that matter. I'm only 155lbs and bottom out on the track all the time! I have an '07 KLX250S and an '01 KDX. My KDX suspension is horrid. I wish I had the KLX suspension on the KDX.

Mike

Top Bottom