Ride or Die

Aug 11, 2006
I've been wanting to get back into to dirt bikes for about 2 years now. I finally have 2 grand saved up. My dad needs to build his credit, so he said that he would pay the rest of the money for the bike I want. The only place that we found that will accept his sucky credit is a Local kawasaki dealer. I was looking around and they have no 100's or 125's. They have mostly street bikes and mules. They do have a KLX300, KLX250, and aKX250. I'm 6'1" and 168 lbs. I love 2 strokes but I don't want to have to re-build it every year, and I don't think the 2t are going to like the woods. So I kinda narrowed it down between the 300 and the 250. Lets just say I NEED power. I can't stand being the one not being able to do the hill climb or win a straight race. My friends have a YZ85, CRF150, and a honda 300EX. I'd say the 85 is the the fastest, but its a 2 stroke and the kid wrecks every 5 seconds. I heard the 250 lacks power really bad. This will be MY first bike in 2 years. But I've still been riding every once in awhile.

Thanks,
Will

Ride or Die

Aug 11, 2006
Thats what I was thinking too. I'm not sure if my dad would let me get something that big though. What about the 2t 250? or even the 4joke?

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Unless you're planning on tagging this and riding on the hwy sometime I would go for all dirtbike. KX250 will love the woods. KLX will be no comparison. Or maybe the kx250F. If the dealer don't have what you want on the floor don't settle for less just because they have it. They can get bikes from other dealers and if they refuse to get what you want go to another dealer.

Ride or Die

Aug 11, 2006
I went to a kawasaki dealer site and they want like 6grand for one of those :O. I mean I know dirt bikes are not cheap. Well, since thats probably out of my price range. What are some of the bad things about the KLX250? Do they make any other offroad bikes that are a little smaller besides the 110

scheckaet

Mar 16, 2007
Have you concidered a 200 KDX? (or a 220) Great bike to get back on the saddle, very reliable, loves the woods and you can get them for really cheap. You can probably find a good one with all the goodies (FMF pipe, DF3 reeds...) for 2K$
I've had mine for 2 years, love it and only tore down the engine last week for the hell of it, everything check out, no rebuild necessary.
Beside, doing a top end job on a 2 smoke is simple and way cheaper than a top end on a 4 stroke...
As far as power, I have no problem with hill climbs or staying ahead of any 450 (CRF), 250 CRF and other 450 KTM I ride with...unless it's wide open where I have to cheat a bit to stay in front :boss:
Remember that riding fast is 10% bike and 90% rider not the other way around
My 2 cents

Wilf

PS the KLX is weak compared to a well moded KDX and the KX is a monster, you'll need to modify the KX quite a bit to "tame" it for the woods and you'll still have to ride it quite aggressively...

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Suzuki also has some dual sports that might suit your needs. Just remember there are a lot parts on a dual sport that can get broke in the woods if thats were its going to spend most of its time.

Ride or Die

Aug 11, 2006
Thats the reason i don't want one. But he wants it so HE can take it to work on a nice day. Which I think is messed up since I'm paying half! So i told him that it was fine, as long as I could take the 69' stang for a ride :P

Top Bottom