Craig4722

Jan 31, 2005
:ride:

I recently bought a 2000 KLX300 (FEB 27th). The bike is in mint/new condition. However, the bike did not come with a manual. I am having trouble trying to figure out what my suspension should be at. As of now I know the rear shock is way too stiff. I am 5'7 and 165lbs.

I need help with what the rebound/compression of both front and back would be and front and rear sag should be on the bike. I will be riding on trails which are very rocky.

I remember reading somewhere that either the front or rear suspension does not have a rebound adjustment, I will look into this and post the site at a later point. I hope someone can help me out with adjusting my suspension.

Craig

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
If you dont have adjusters its going to be hard to make it handle better.You may need a lighter rear spring, goto www.mx-tech.com then to spring rate generator and also the downloads where you can dl a guide how to set the clickers(if you have them)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
No rebound adjustment on forks. Fully adjustable shock(low speed comp. and rebound). The stock shock spring should be okay for your weight. I'll bet the rebound adjuster is cranked way in. The stock setting is 12 clicks out, if memory serves. Sag should be 90-100mm.

Top Bottom