Perry

Oct 2, 2000
I have twisted my knee twice while riding. Stuck my foot down and pop when my toe stuck in the ground twisted my right knee outward. This first injury took a while to heal. Most likely meniscus damage no ACL damage. Got back to normal and did the same thing in a mudhole when I got side ways and put my foot down to steady the bike. The second time I healed quicker since I was in better shape. I can only tempt fait so long. I need to get a good knee brace or stop riding. My doc prescribed me a playmaker brace but the thing won't allow me to bend my knee more than 90 degrees since the neopreen sock bunches up behind my knee. THis is a tender area that I have irritated over the years doing leg lifts to rehab my knee. I need something that will allow full motion from squat to standing. Any ideas?

Perry

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
If you can get your Doc to prescribe a set of CTI's and insurance will pay for it they are the best probably. I wear the EVS RS-6's and they are bulky but I feel a whole lot better with them on. The Asterisk are probably the best non-prescription braces from what I've seen heard and read. I have tried on a pair and they fit very well, feel more secure thatn mine and are designed specifically for moto. If I had the bucks now I'd get 'em. Look at the DRN product review for the full skiny. :cool:

Perry

Oct 2, 2000
Can you give me a little more info on where I can get info on the CTI. I can get a prescription for a brace. I will take a look at the product reviews for the asterisk braces.

Thanks

Perry

Perry

Oct 2, 2000
Thanks guys I found the review section on the braces. Looks like CTI are pretty good. I will have to see what my insurance will pay. Maybe I will get a set instead of just the right side.

Perry

Top Bottom