CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
I'm not an every day rider (over 40 with kids) therefore I'm just not up on what's good and what's not. I need to get a new set of knee pads. Any suggestions on what to buy? If it makes a difference, I wear Tech 8 boots. Thanks for the help

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I like the Thor Force Knee Guards. At about $50 they provide excellent protection. Better than knee pads but not quite as good (or as expensive) as knee braces.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They might seem like overkill but if you wear Tech 8's you appriciate good equipment. Asterisk Cells! :thumb: :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
beware on the force guards. Try before you buy and take you boots with you. They are pretty big. I can't even close my SG-1's with them on. I have large calves. They did work with my Alpinestar's though, but just barly. They also dug into my shin a bit at the bottom and the left one tended to move down a bit and pinch my skin on the knee. Other than they are great. The protection they offer is one of the best as far as knee pads. I also have TKM AXO guards, they a little lighter on protection but will work with my new boots.

If I had the money it would definatly be the Cells for me.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
With the force guards you can get rid of the shin pain by cutting some of the plastic away at the bottom and cupping the bottom so the outside edges are lower the part that touches your shin. I eliminated the straps and went only with the neoprene for my fasteners. I liked them and decided I would buy asterisk. I had wanted knee braces but just needed something to convince me that I was worthy of them.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
So, what is the best solution for those of us that have large calves?

Seems like those thor force pads are not going to fit in my size 10 boot along with my 19" calves.

What's the best setup for large calf people?

Thanks,
Phil

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I bought and am happy with the AXO pivot knee guards.I am a 10.5 shoe and wear tech 8's.They are very comfotable

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've got Fox Raptors and like them alot. I wear tech 8's and there are no fitting issues...but I'm a scrawning punk :p Had some style thor ones before but the stupid things didn't have a strap above the knee and always slid around, and down.

Top Bottom