leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
Hey guys,

I have taken the last few months off of riding because I have had severe pain. It has been to the point that at night I cannot walk after a day of work(now I work in an office with nothing physical). I mostly trail ride with a few hare scrambles but am to the point that I am almost ready to hang it up. I am fixing to start working out at a gym and was wondering if there are any special exercises that'll help strengthen my knees? Also are there any riding techniques that'll help me out more. I have even began sitting down except for obstacles where I have to stand up and my knees still ache. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-lee-

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Knee Braces + Aleve = Better

leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
all doctors want to do is to either tell you to take it easy or do exploratory surgery. Well I've taken some time off and now my knees don't bother me but I would like to strengthen them up some so maybe I won't have to deal with the pain once I start riding again.

TBone250

May 9, 2001
If you have access to a leg extension machine, the following exercise might help quite a bit. Put low weight on the machine, bring your legs up to 80 degrees or so. This is your starting point. Go from 80 to 90 degrees very slowly and squeeze your quadriceps at the top of the contraction. Do about 25 reps with 3 sets. You should feel your quads burnin real nice.:p Be sure to work out your hamstrings also as they are the antagonstic muscle.

My girlfriend and I both have bad knees from running and this seems to help. This is also what the Physical Therapist told us to do. Hope this helps.

Tom

Top Bottom