fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
I separated my ACL in July and was doing pretty well. It felt great and I was gaining back my confidence in it until yesterday. I was riding and went to hit this burm. I had my leg out and just caught my heel on the ground and felt a POP in my knee. Didn't really hurt, just felt like I jammed it a bit. I walked it off and kept goin. Later on that night watching the superbowl it started to swell a little and now it's pretty stiff. Anyone know what happened? I am gonna go see my ortho, but can't get in until next Monday.:think I am dying to know what happened. It still really doesn't hurt, but is pretty dang stiff....The only spot where I can feel it is on the outside of the knee (Left side of left knee)...

DougMXer

Oct 17, 2001
Could of strain your LCL ( Left Collateral ligament) however if you heard a pop it sounds ominous. Did you dislocate it temporary. Knees are prone to making strange sounds when the femur and tibia slide over each other and slip out of alignment as a result of ligament/tendon laxity (looseness) and cartilage tears. Were you wearing braces at the time

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Doug,

It did not dislocate at all. It really didn't hurt at all, just heard the pop and then some swelling at night. No I don't have braces YET, I am actually calling Asterisk tomorrow with my measurements. I am gonna sound stupid, but I don't follow when you said this...

however if you heard a pop it sounds ominous.

Hey, don't laugh too hard!!

Thanks for your input. This is driving me nuts! Things were going great, I hope this is just a small set back. First enduro is March 17th....

Nick

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Maybe just a little torn cartilage, when you call, ask to talk to Brad. He is an ATC and can probably help you figure out what happened. You probably had a slight tear which caused the bleeding, ice it to keep the swelling down and give it a few days.

Billy

DougMXer

Oct 17, 2001
Probably nothing to worry about, After I partially tore my ACL, I would hear poping/crunching noises if I twisted on my bad leg under load. It was probably just the sound of tibia/femur relative movement combined with ligaments/tendons bringing the joint back into alighment which makes that disturbing noise. Just take it easy for a couple of months, don't go riding hard pack again without braces , and give it time to heal before going all out helter skelter on the bike. Just my 2 bobs worth

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Thanks guys for your responses! I just put my order in about an hour ago for the Asterisks! I can't wait to see these puppies and try them on.

Today the knee feels fine, but there is a little bit of swelling left. I am definately gonna take it easy for a while before the season starts up. Plus, I am in the reserves and can't afford to lose any more time....

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Thanks guys for your responses! I just put my order in about an hour ago for the Asterisks! I can't wait to see these puppies and try them on.

Today the knee feels fine, but there is a little bit of swelling left. I am definately gonna take it easy for a while before the season starts up. Plus, I am in the reserves and can't afford to lose any more time....

Billy,

Hope you don't mind answering a few questions for me about the braces...

Is there anything I should look out for as far as wear and tear is concerned later on in the season?

Is there any maintenance I should do to help longevity?

Thanks again!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
fmf,
The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the exstention stop cables. They are replaceable and we'll send you new ones if you need them. We are designing a new hinge to eliminate the cables all together, but they won't be in production for a few more months. Other than that you should be good, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a PM on here. You get free shipping being a DRN member, so if you didn't tell them that, call back and let them know.

Billy

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Billy,

First, sorry for the double post. I stopped it midway and I thought it didn't post but I guess it did. I tried to delete the first one but it said I had to be a member...:think

Thanks for telling me about the free shipping! If it wasn't for DRN, I would not have heard about Asterisk and I probably would not have bought braces at all!

Thanks again!

Nick

Top Bottom