mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
What are the mods to your bike (it is a 200 right?) and the new jet sizes you just went with? Before I get a bunch of speaches, He's in my same town, and I'm using this for a reference only.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I ride mostly at Wind Rock, which is more or less the far end of royal blue. There is some great riding around here.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Mine is a '98 200. Jetting: 155 main, 45 pilot, and stock needle on the 2nd position from the top. Changed fork springs out using XR400 springs, and of course, the airbox mod...that's pretty much it. I like the Maxxis IT's for our terrain, here, and an XRing chain won't hurt anything, either. I'm much too hard on my pipe to consider an aftermarket, so until I see a reduction in dents on the stocker, I'll stay with it. I am considering having my engine Gorr'ed out this winter, though. Let me know if you want to go riding...my WR426 buddy has a dinged shoulder right now.

muggy

Feb 9, 2003
Hello guys,

Hey, i live in oak ridge and ride at windrock quite a bit. Theres alot of trail (single track) on the other side of the mountain from oak ridge, and there was a setra enduro hosted there a couple weeks ago. The volriders maintain this trail for the most part. You guys would be more than welcome to join if you are interested. Here's the link:

http://www.volunteerriders.com/

There's 2 or 3 kdx riders in the club...but alot run pumpkins. The skill level in the club varies quite a bit, but all are welcome on the club rides.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Hey muggy...yep..I've seen the site and as a matter of fact my riding buddy is a member. I've been meaning to join since February, but I can never seem to hit that 3rd thursday. If anyone in the area ever wants go ride, just email me Knoxkdx@msn.com and I'll get back to you pronto...We go thru the week alot after work, and I'm game on most weekends, as well (till the baby comes in April). I know a few spots out I-40 in Rockwood (airport exit) and also at the Crab Orchard exit, but we ride mostly Windrock and CC in Lake City (my fav).

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I'd love to hook up with you guys and ride. I ride Windrock  sometimes, but get bored after a while. I have yet to find the SETRA enduro trail. I need to go with someone who knows the trail system better. Better yet maybe ya'll could come down to Livingston sometime. Not that far from you and one of the best areas in the whole US. Fredette, Burleson they've all rode here.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I'd love to hook up some time, though I may be too slow for you guys. I actually ride decent, it's just my #1 goal is to not get hurt or tear my bike up. While I've survived some pretty mean trails, I seldom think "I wish this trail were harder" while I'm on the easy stuff. Where exactly is Livingston? I ride with ATVs, and I've been drug through one too many mud holes.

Congrats on the baby, we had our first in June.

Perhaps you guys can help me out. I bought my wife a CRF150. She has never riden anything before that. Do you guys know of any easy riding in the Knox area? At Windrock (Oliver Springs side) I took her up 1, 2, onto 24 (or maybe 26?) which popped out on the pavement at that big flat dirt field. Thats about the hardest terrain she has any chance on. I'm looking for something that easy or easier.........

louis

Sep 2, 2002
I've been to windrock several times with good results. Tell me more about CC at Lake City. Whats at Livingstone? Thanks.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Why don't you guys leave your email addys in here so we can go that route? Coal Creek Mining owns a big stretch of land in Lake City, TN (they also own Windrock land). I like LC a bit better than Windrock b/c there's never a crowd and the trails are a bit more technical. If you want to ride some easy stuff for your wife, you should go there and head to the flats...wide open riding with some hills climbs, etc...so you can get the feel of the bike. For some very swift and clean trails, I like the Rockwood/Crab Orchard area.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I've been to the flats. That is a good spot for her. Can you give me some more info / directions to the rockwood site. Thanks. mnnthbx@hotmail.com

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Hey guys, I also live in Knoxville and have a KDX, I just never get to ride the darn thing. I'm also in with the Vol Riders and can help hook you guys up with CC experts. I've been wanting to hook up with KnoxKDX or Braahp for about a year now. New baby plus 60 hour work weeks equal not much riding time, for now anyway. Drop me a line @ rtlaforce@msn.com

Hope to ride with some of you soon,

T-Roy

Top Bottom