nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Come on guys and gals! This is old news, and no one's brought it up yet? For those that don't know, here's the video: youtube There are otherwise multiple internet stories on this, including the 'reception' of his apology on Letterman (his Letterman apology is on youtube as well).

lol! "What's so crazy is that I'm not even a ******!" :think:

After all that's been said about this, I'll go out on a limb and say that classic acting/performing training has to involve all types of stage presentation---I'm sure one of them being the study of Artaud's theatre of the absurd. In the 60's, I believe, the "Living Theatre" got its start, which focused on Artaud-like processes where people in the audience were beraded by the actor, typically insultingly, with the idea of getting the audience involved and fired up. People left those performances traumatized and sometimes without clothes. ;)

Jim Morrison saw the Living Theatre for the first time the night prior to Miami (Dinner Key).

So is Richards a ******? Yes. Should he apologize? No way. What's he apologizing for? These were his feelings. Are we all ******? Damn straight. And anyone that doubts it, keep in mind that by preferring a tan over white skin, blue over green, etc., etc., ...or even just being human and socializing normally with the eventual dissection of beings into groups based on common preference, .....these are all evidence of racism, to some degree. Wherever there are humans, there is socialization into groups of like, to the exclusion of dislike.

Maybe he'll blame it on Alcohol or Drugs? Go to rehab, maybe with Foley? (yes, we all hit on same-sex interns when we get drunk)

Seinfeld arranged his appearance on Letterman.
Seinfeld released the holiday season DVD of the 7th Seinfeld season yesterday. ;)

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
He's not r@cist. If you go to comedian's show and act like an idiot (heckling etc) then you know the comedian is coming for you. They attack ruthless leabout weight, looks, and yes race. It was joke, stupid of him to make (he had to know there'd be a backlash) but I don't think it makes him r@cist in this context. Notice he didn't attack every black guy in the place, just the two causing problems. Had they been white guys from the south, I'm sure he'd have said redneck.

BTW, no one's slamming the 2 guys for name dropping they did on their way out of the club either?

The double standard over the n-word is stupid. African Americans say it to each other, and often times in a negative way but that's all good right?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I don't think it was funny.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
HajiWasAPunk said:
Had they been white guys from the south, I'm sure he'd have said redneck.

For whatever reason one is somewhat morally acceptable, the other is not.

HajiWasAPunk said:
Notice he didn't attack every black guy in the place, just the two causing problems.

Some would argue the repeated use of the n word was an attack on every black member of the audience. As far as the double standard with this word, life's full of double standards.

HajiWasAPunk said:
BTW, no one's slamming the 2 guys for name dropping they did on their way out of the club either?

I had a hard time following most of that video, I didn't catch the name dropping, what was it?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
this cracker would like to see what started it not just the result. perhaps his response was apropos

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Haji hit on what I got from the whole thing. The moron should have known it was suicide. I couldn't care less about the "word", but the rest of it was over the top. The way this world works, if you are the minority, it's open season on everyone, so it doesn't matter what the hecklers said.

The whole "N word" thing is pretty lame. What other race has a "n word"? You know, a phrase that makes news reporters sound like 5 year-olds? Can't even repeat the word in a journalistic manner? How insecure can we possibly get? The whole premise is ra cist.

"Black people can use the N-word", but white people can't". THAT is about as ra cist as it gets. In this specific case tho, he was spewing hate.

How many "African" Americans have made a comedic living making fun of white people? Pryor? Murphy? Do ya think a white comedian can get on stage and RIP black people for 30 minutes and get away with it? Using every stereotype in the book makes the black entertainer funny, same thing destroys white comedians.

IMHO, either race using this form of "comedy" is weak at best. No imagination, just like continual use of foul language just for shock. The greats can get thru a whole routine without walking thru the gutter.

Bottom line? "Kramer" is done and deserves it for being so stupid.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
Okiewan said:
Haji hit on what I got from the whole thing. The moron should have known it was suicide. I couldn't care less about the "word", but the rest of it was over the top. The way this world works, if you are the minority, it's open season on everyone, so it doesn't matter what the hecklers said.

The whole "N word" thing is pretty lame. What other race has a "n word"? You know, a phrase that makes news reporters sound like 5 year-olds? Can't even repeat the word in a journalistic manner? How insecure can we possibly get? The whole premise is ra cist.

"Black people can use the N-word", but white people can't". THAT is about as ra cist as it gets. In this specific case tho, he was spewing hate.

How many "African" Americans have made a comedic living making fun of white people? Pryor? Murphy? Do ya think a white comedian can get on stage and RIP black people for 30 minutes and get away with it? Using every stereotype in the book makes the black entertainer funny, same thing destroys white comedians.

IMHO, either race using this form of "comedy" is weak at best. No imagination, just like continual use of foul language just for shock. The greats can get thru a whole routine without walking thru the gutter.

Bottom line? "Kramer" is done and deserves it for being so stupid.

What he said... :cool:

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Chili said:
Some would argue the repeated use of the n word was an attack on every black member of the audience. As far as the double standard with this word, life's full of double standards.
If I heard correctly he said "he is a n-word" and "look here's a n-word". I would've thought the part about hanging them for being black 50 years ago was more offensive than the actual use of the word. Also, life maybe full of double standards, but that doesn't make them right. And sometimes if no people point this out, a change for the good can happen (see the OJ thread!)

Chili said:
I had a hard time following most of that video, I didn't catch the name dropping, what was it?

They were calling him a punk-*** cracker.

The whole thing was pretty juvenille. But, now Marge Schott, Bill Parcels, and Mel Gibson will have someone to hang out with!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
does it really matter? do we really care? should we?

I don't. But I responded to this topic. What does that mean?

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
XRpredator said:
does it really matter? do we really care? should we?

I don't. But I responded to this topic. What does that mean?

lol, avast me hearties! would you take it better if me tells you Kramer should walk the plank?

oops, wrong thread.

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
I find calling someone a mother f'er is much more offensive. Everyone has a mother, whose mother are they f'ing, yours, mine?

Stick and stones people - GET OVER IT!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i think he should've said it with an "A" on the end rather than an "ER" then all would be well :coocoo:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
HajiWasAPunk said:
The whole thing was pretty juvenille. But, now Marge Schott, Bill Parcels, and Mel Gibson will have someone to hang out with!

And if Howard Cosell was still alive he would be able to tell them how his career ended.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I heard the tape on Opie and Anthony today. It was over the top and hateful.

At a comedy club, one must expect to get offended - it's what comedians do for a living. The guys heckling Richards were asses. Richards proved however that he was an even bigger ass.

N-word, f-word, b-word, bla bla bla. They are just words - until you put hate into them. Hate has no justification, especially at a comedy show.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
You know, if there wasn't a video camera in the crowd. This wouldn't even have made the back page of the paper. :whoa: Because of one word its all over the news. :yell:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
The whole "hate" thing is what I don't really get. I mean, if someone pisses you off, way off, then you might just try to piss them off too; even if it's your own brother (and I mean that in the genealogical sense). So if a fat guy makes you really mad you use his fatness against him and call him a lard ass, or whatever. Bald guy makin' you mad? Chrome-dome his ass. Woman got ya by the the short hairs? Biotch the witch.

Even so Kramer f’d up bad. Apology at this point is useless.

And about that video, what entertainment venue allows video? That tape is probably illegal and Kramer should demand compensation. Not that he’d get it. Did I ever tell you about those pachucos that used to pick on me in Adobe Acres? I hate them bass turds and I’m still askeert of Mezkins to this day, and I’m half one.

I don’t know what I’m talking about but I’m on the sauce again tonight because I read where red wine makes you younger and gives you the wood.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
that guy there is a blackbuster :cool:

wheres archie gone to...................PC grave i suppose

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Okiewan said:
So, I should be pissed if someone calls me an "Ame" ? Man, with all the stuff I'm supposed to be offended by and whine about, I can't keep up.

:rotfl:

exactly. I don't think anybody (maybe Jessie Jackson?) can keep up with everything we should be offended by.

Vintage Dirt, I think you have offended trees with that last comment :laugh:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
VD's on a roll the last couple days....LOL

Top Bottom