hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Rumor has it that it will have the 125 frame, not the 85 frame, so it will be larger and have a longer wheelbase than the 85. It is supposed to have smaller wheels than the 125 and will shorter than it. It is a light production year, sort of a mid-year run in 2004, with a full production run for 2005. I don't know anything about the motor.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by FMFHonda161
I heard that it is a maintenence nightmare. they are supposed to be lethally fast, but maintenance is huge.

what would be so different and cause problem?

Curious. If they use a 125 engine bottom then that is going to be cool. I would say if they use the 85 engine and use that big frame, then I could see issues. Just guessing here.

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
I Just got one and You have to do ALOT to keep it in good Shape! It is Ultra Fast and I will think It will keep up with any 125 2 strokes!

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
I Just Got Mine and Finally after reading the Manual, you do have to do a lot! But that is after Every Race?! Im not planning to Race and got mine 06 105SX for 4800 OTD. Its Really Really Fast and the handling is pretty decent. I Still have to break it in and I havent even Gone 3/4 Throttle and Its Super Fast! The Looks are Astonoshing. This Baby can Ride any Rider and Could Easily Pull a 180lb Fast! The Engine has so much to offer. Im Still a Newb and this is my First DirtBike Ever and Im so Glad I went with KTM!

skalomax

Oct 6, 2006
Pretty Much. Compared to any Honda 4 Stroke Its ALOT! Change the Fluids after Every Race, Only Uses 91 Or Above Octane Fuel. Use DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid. The Rear Brake Wears Faster than Usual, and change the tranny Fluid after Every Race.
Im Not Going to be racing so how long do I wait Till' I Change all the Fluids!
Yeah Im a Noob!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
skalomax said:
Pretty Much. Compared to any Honda 4 Stroke Its ALOT!

Go buy a Honda CRF150R and check the maintenance schedules and get back to me. What you've listed is nothing more than regular maintenance of any high performance race bike. If you wanted to maintain the bike like a trail bike that's what you should buy.

Top Bottom