KM Burgess

Oct 30, 2001
Hey, I'm 13 and currently own a kx 80. I'm thinking of moving up to a faster and bigger motocross machine so I've been thinking of the KTM 125 SX. I'm 155 cm tall. Do you think I would fit it? And also what are the pro's and con's of this bike? How are they 2nd hand, or am I better off getting a brand new '03 model whe they come out?? Thanx.. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
KM,
You'll find that all the 125's are similar in height. Correct sag setting has alot do do with that on any bike.

If you are an aggressive rider and keep the 80 pegged out all the time, then you would probably enjoy the feel of a 125sx. However, if you don't ride like that always, then it will seem to be alot of hard work on that bike.
It has very little bottom end by nature, and wants to be ridden hard and fast.
My boys 99yz125 is a very different machine than the sx, it has a great low end and will respond to very little throttle. Say like in a turn....I can lug the yz around sweetly and smoothly with very little effort, the sx on the other hand, has to have the clutch feathered and care must be taken that it doesn't break traction before you want it too. Therefore I find that I need to carry more speed in the corners to perform well with the sx....the yz I can take the corner however I want, and it seems much easier.
Now when you have left the corner and have twisted....the sx is by far the beast! (I'm not discounting the yz, it's a great bike and I love it, but it just can't handle the sx:) )
Keep in mind, this information if from a guy who would get beat by a fast 80 rider.

Top Bottom