motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
ok now i finally have a buyer for the ttr125L. i went to the local bike shop to me to see if there were and ktm 200exc, but i only seen 300exc. i dont want those its out my price range. but they did have a 200mxc. i will ride trails and do some mx and harescrambles and maybe enduro. so what can i do to the mxc200 to make it close to the exc anything will help and there are no other dealers close to me that sells ktm

------------------
Danny
ttr125L (my first bike)
ktm200exc (my next bike)

GaryKTM200

Dec 5, 2000
Hi Danny,
I think you will be fine with a MX/C. That is what I have. I think the major difference between the two is of course the lights. And the EX/C has a wide ratio tranny. Which I don't think you want on the moto-x track any way. The suspension is about the same from what I have heard. The MX/C may be a touch stiffer. The MX/C comes with a lighting coil so all you have to do is buy some Accerbis dual head light and tail light kit and a regulator and you are good to go for an enduro. I think you will like the MX/C just as well as an EX/C.

Good luck,
Gary

------------------
It's not how fast you can go but how much fun you have!

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Im not totally sure about this so correct me if Im wrong, I think that the mxc has somewhat of a lighter flywheel than the exc, not a problem, you can get different flywheel weights for Stealthy, and I think that the mxc comes with a larger fuel tank.

------------------
01 YZ250F
92 KX250, adios amigo!

motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
yeah it does have the large fuel tank. where do u get a heavier flywheel for it. thanx yall for makin me feel comfortable be cause i m gonna buy this buy this weekend or next weekend

------------------
Danny
ttr125L (my first bike)
ktm200exc (my next bike)

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
MXC and EXC have same flywheel. Different brain box and ignition curve, but same flywheel.

Based on your description the MXC would be a superior choice over the EXC. You can always add lights, but most enduros don't require them. The close ratio tranny would only be a problem if you were out west in the desert but will be helpful in the woods and on the track.

If it is of any help, Dick Burleson rides an MXC with EXC lights on it. Still riding the same '99 in fact. Last I knew he had a WP 50 front end on it cuz he didn't like the 'zokes. He likes the close box on the MXC with the 200 motor since he rides the woods so much.

------------------
TexKDX

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Tex is nearly never wrong. I will confirm everything he said about the two. The MXC is the way to go.

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

GaryKTM200

Dec 5, 2000
Hi Moto,
A friend of mine has a 2000 KTM 200 EX/C for sell. His wife lost her job and he needs to sell. The bike is the same as new and maybe cleaner. This guy is a clean freak.
smile.gif
The bike has EE bark busters with hand guards, EE. carbon fiber pipe guard, EE easy pull clutch lever, Boyesen rad valve, Mich. S-12's. He wants $4800.00 for it. E-mail me at choochoo1124@aol.com if you are interested.
The bike has less than 200 miles on it. We are in Knoxville ,TN

Gary

------------------
It's not how fast you can go but how much fun you have!

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
I have a call into a friend with a '01 200 to check his parts book. Last time we went thru this discussion a call to the dealer told me same stator/flywheel and a different brain box for the 2000 models.

As for the bigger motor, at least per the '99 engine book, the US-spec 250/300/380 EXCs and MXCs use the same Kokusan ignition parts and the same 2K-2 flywheel. The SX is shown with a lighter flywheel (2K-1) on the same ignition.

Gotta live up to my reputation, Strick
smile.gif

The usage recommendation still stands at least.

------------------
TexKDX

teton

Dec 13, 2000
According to a ktm brochure, the 200exc has the 2k-3 and the mxc 2k-2, I wasnt sure what that was until now, you can get after market flywheel weights at Steahly Offroad 1 800 800 2363, spoke to someone there last week looking for some 250f weights, he sold his 250f to get a 200exc, has severa; different to choose from.

------------------
01 YZ250F
92 KX250, adios amigo!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
2001 E/XC specifications: http://www.ktmusa.com/2001_specs/sp200exc.htm

2001 M/XC specifications: http://www.ktmusa.com/2001_specs/sp200mxc.htm

I'm still trying to make the same decision. I was set on the M/XC but a very good friend, who races cross country and has ridden with me on a number of occaisons, urged me to buy the M/XC over the E/XC. Looks like the close ratio tranny and the flywheel are the two main differences—I thought they both used the heavier flywheel. I am coming off a XR200, do a little mx, a few hare scrambles and a bit of trail riding and I’m not the best rider in the world so he may be right and I may change my mind to the E/XC. Has anyone ridden both who can fill us in on how much difference the flywheel weight makes? Would the close-ratio gearing make it too difficult to ride in the woods?

------------------
Had we but worlds enough, and time . . .

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/flyin_firecracker22

E-mail me at flyin_firecracker22@yahoo.com

teton

Dec 13, 2000
For what its worth I have a freind with a 300exc who ordered it with the mxc tranny, he is a top desert racer in the MRAN (las Vegas NV) series. Said he wanted the tighter gearing and didnt like wider upper gears, didnt pull well in the sand washes. He wanted all the other stuff that came on the exc.
nice thing about KTM is that if you decide you want a different gear box mxc/exc, you can do it. flywheel weights are no problem too.

------------------
01 YZ250F
92 KX250, adios amigo!

Top Bottom