BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
I jumped to the Thumper bandwagon here is what I see in the differences between the bike I used to ride ('00 KTM 200 MXC) and my new bike (WR250F). First off I really like the bike so far. (only one ride on it). I had to change the seat and tank right away the stocker sits you too far back. It is definately heavier...can't get much lighter than a KTM200. Starting it definately takes more kicks. It is a tall bike, it is as tall as my KTM200 with the tall seat foam. It takes a little more time to build up the revs but once you get it into the meat of the powerband you can ride it like a 2-stroke. This is where the fun factor comes in. There is lots more traction with the thumper. The suspension is way better on the thumper...would be too soft for moto though. All in all I think it is a great bike...If you are thinking of getting one I say go for it. If you are shorter than 5'9" it may be a bit tall for you though. Also be prepared to spend some money in aftermarket stuff to make the bike fit you.
Here is what all I did to mine for my likes for now.

Ty Davis replica tank
SDG seat
Ty Davis hot start
DH Racing triple clamps/bar clamps
GPR Stabilizer
ProTaper Bars
Exhaust Baffle modified (for more power less noise)
Grey wire mod.
Throttle Stop mod.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
BikeDstoyer, congratulations on the new bike. I recently purchased a 00 KTM200 MXC. The WR250F was on my list of bikes to consider while I was looking for a new bike. I am 5'10" and I felt like the bike was really tall, I could barely touch with my tippy toes. I also felt the bike would be too heavy for me. I am glad you are enjoying the bike though, I have heard good things about it. :)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Contingency

That answered my question. I was wondering why you didn't go with a KTM 400 RFS...

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
I actually had a deposit down on a KTM250RFS, but they weren't up to snuff. Too slow and heavy compared to the Yam. I thought about the 400RFS, but it is quite a bit heavier than the Yam. I like to do tight technical riding and weight was a factor there. I have to say that KTM is a better made bike the suspension department needs work though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom