kadman

Mar 14, 2000
I currently ride an 250 EXC and have been looking at a 200 SX. Has anyone rode a 200 SX in the woods. How do they handle, is the motor too high strung. Thanks

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
If you get one, expect a learning curve coming from the 250.
The 200 has quite abit of low end but not like you 250.
I came off of an 01 250sx which i ran in harescrambles and loved it, but the weight of the 200 and the near 250 power was hard to pass up.
The 200 likes to be ridden aggresively, but still will lug pretty well.
I've been real happy with mine since i bought it in early june.
I just added the FAB Tech shimstack to it to smooth things out some in the woods. Hopefully will get to try it out this weekend some time.
Good luck picking out a new bike!

Agitt,

Are you going to Gusse's this weekend?
I just got my cast off from a broken ankle(courtesy of Tri- City MC) and was wondering what all is going on up there this weekend!

Munch

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
no im not going to gussies i dont know whats going on ive ony been
to 4 races all year ive been low on $$ due to lack of work wich just
picked back up again but the weather probly will not hold out long
then not good for me and construction

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
It should do fine in the wood, but I wonder what the effect would be if you changed that extremely exposed pipe for the exc pipe. Has anyone else complained about this pipe?

200jim

Nov 27, 2003
i have a 200 sx in the woods.its a great bike but the suspension is very harsh. if you ride 250s or bigger its not enough motor. if you ride 125s its perfect. im in search of suspension help

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
I haven't had any more problems with the pipe on my SX than I have with any other bike, I've read of quite a few people running the MXC or the Exc pipe on the 200.

200jim, Check out the FABTECH fork kit, they sell them on Ebay(about 45$). It is basicly shims and step by step instructions on how to install them, they provide set up fo 4 different shim stacks. I just installed them myself and had a chance to try it out yesterday and am very pleased with the feel.
Greg

Top Bottom